•Chapter Forty Seven•

M U T E D

Season 4

WARNING: smut, but nothing detailed. Don't worry, every chapter is NOT going to be like this!

Daryl's Point of View:

Michonne, Sasha, Glenn, Bob, Zack, Tyreese and I make it to the Big Spot and we looked around. There's a bunch of army stuff around here, almost looks like a camp set up here. There ain't nothin left except for bodies, trash, the aftermath of a shit show.

I bang my elbow against the window and I sat down, waiting for the walkers to come banging at the window. "Just give it a second." I say.

"Okay, I think I got it." Zack says.

"Got what?" Michonne asks.

"I've been trying to guess what Daryl did before the turn." He says.

"He's been tryna guess for, like, six weeks." I shake my head.

"Yeah, I'm pacing myself." He chuckles. "One shot a day."

"Alright, shoot." I say.

"Well, the way you are at the prison, you being on the council, you're able to track, you're helping people, but you're still being kind of uh...surly." He says. "Big swing here. Homicide cop." He guesses. Michonne bursts out laughing and I look at her smiling.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"Nothing. It makes perfect sense." She smiles.

"Actually, the mans right. Undercover." I nod.

"Come on, really?" Zack asks.

"Yep." I nod. "I don't like to talk about it 'cause it was a lot of heavy shit, y'know?" I turn my head away and try to hide my smile.

"Dude, come on. Really?" Zack asks. I turn my head back and look at him with a straight face. "Okay, I'll keep guessing, I guess." He says.

"Yeah, you keep doin that." I nod. A loud bang hits behind me and I simply turn around to see a walker, possibly more joining in few seconds.

"We're gonna do this, Detective?" Michonne asks.

"Let's do it." I take the rod from Tyreese and I stick it in between the two doors. I count to three before popping the doors open and Sasha kills the two walkers. Tyreese steps inside and he drags the bodies out.

"Alright, we go in, stay in formation for the sweep. After that, you all know what you're supposed to look for. Any questions?" Sasha asks. Nobody asks a question except for Tyreese, but it was more of a brother/sister question. I lead the group inside, using my flashlight to look around and kept my crossbow up and ready to fire at anything comin my way.

After the sweep, everybody grabs a shopping cart to toss their things in. I leaned on the cart as I cruised around the aisles, looking for things I needed or B needed. I turned down the next aisle and I see mostly girl stuff. I see the tons of boxes that displayed tampons and those...weird pad things. I grab two boxes of each and moved on. I grabbed another blanket, food, water, batteries, flashlights. I stop when something catches my eyes. I paused for a minute, thinking about the future. B and I never really talked about havin kids. I wouldn't imagine she would...not at least after what happened with Lori. I wouldn't want to bring a baby into this world, but it ever does happen, best believe I'll protect it, same as B. None of that changes.