•Chapter One Hundred & Twenty Five•

M U T E D

Season 9

Daryl's Point of View:
I walk down the dirt path leadin to the fence outside the walls. Alpha meets me halfway and stands at the entrance.

"You can't have her." I growl. "Now...if it's a fight your lookin for, we got enough firepower to light you up. Right here and now." Alpha slowly tilts her head back, her eyes slowly squinting shut. The sound of a baby suddenly cooing off to the side pulls my attention from her. I see a skin cradling a baby in her arms. She tries her best to keep the baby quiet. Anger sparks through my chest and I slowly turn back to Alpha.

"You brought a baby out here?" I growl. She glances back to the skin and turns back to me, shrugging a shoulder.

"We're animals. Animals live out here. Animals have babies. So we have babies out here." She says softly. "Now, what were you sayin? Lightin us all up? You seem to want conflict. I don't. So I'm proposing a trade." I turn my head when I see four people moving through the group. Two of the people are tied up with bags over their heads. They're soon revealed to be Alden and Luke. The two skins held knives at their throats, waitin got Alpha to give the word to either kill 'em or let 'em go.

"I wanted to kill them. But I want my daughter more." Alpha says. "One of mine, two of yours. It's a good trade, which is why you're gonna take it. Now...bring me my daughter."

Bobbie's Point of View:
Connie and I kept ourselves hidden in the cornfield. On our return to Hilltop, the skins showed up. Connie and I were back, talking to each other. Kelly was up ahead with the guards that had found us. Tara sent them and told us one of the guards saw us sneaking out. My only quick thinking to get Connie and I to safety, I pulled her into the corn field so the skins couldn't see us. If we had ran to the gate where Kelly already was, there could've been a chance the skins would've ran after Connie and I.

Daryl came out to talk with the leader of these people. She goes by the name Alpha. But he soon walked away and went back behind the walls.

I felt a small tug on my arm. "What if we can take them? Shouldnt we try?" Connie asks.

"No. It's too dangerous. There are more of them and it's only you and I. Our people have gun, they don't. But they can still overpower you and I together." I tell her. "Just stay hidden and quiet. If they haven't figured out we're here, they just might. Who knows what they'll do to us." Connie lowers herself down. Alden and Luke are out there with the skins as hostages. The longer we sat out here, walkers began to come out of the woods.

We soon hear a baby sobbing out within the skins. I slowly perk myself up, seeing a woman shaking the baby in her arms. I noticed she was slowly getting nervous. Her body language shows her cradling the baby, but looking over to Alpha with fear in her eyes. The walkers out by the woods are soon attracted to the sobbing baby, slowly making their way to the girl.

"What is it?" Connie asks.

"There's a baby." I soon watched as the mother slowly lays the baby down on the ground and steps away from it. If the baby doesn't get quiet, the dead are gonna get it. "I'm gonna get the baby." I tell Connie.

"But if they haven't found us yet-"

"Doesn't matter now. It's either we run and save that baby or we watch the baby die, knowing we could've done something." I shrug. People began yelling and banging on the walls, trying to attract the walkers. No matter how loud or hard they were, the walkers were more interested in the baby. I give about two more minutes before the walkers reach the baby.