•Chapter Sixty Six•

M U T E D

Season 5

Bobbie's Point of View:

Glenn, Maggie and Tara came along with us while Abraham and Rosita fixed the bus out on the side of the church. Glenn thought it would be smart to take a couple people and go on a run for other supplies as well.

It didn't take long, but we finally made it to the small town Gabriel took us. As any other town or city we'll ever walk into, it'll always and forever be a ghost town. I won't lie every time we walk into a ghost town, I always have that eerie feeling. It's not just because of the walkers, it's more like...ghosts. Y'know, I always feel like I'm being watched by the lost souls left around here.

"We're here." Gabriel points to a white, brick building with a black door. "This was the food bank. It served the whole country. All the cans at the church was gonna end up here." He says. We break into the food bank but there were no signs of walkers coming at us. Rick is the first to walk in, then me, then Bob, Sasha and Gabriel. We approach a large hole in the ceiling and in the floor. Above us, the sun was shining, there's a slight cool breeze. And below us, the hole was filled with water, possibly from the rain. I look around and see the shelves stocked with food, and just our luck, walkers are down there taking a damn dip. I look at everyone and see their faces are covered with disgust. Smells like rotten body parts...well, duh.

"If a sewer could puke, this is what it'd smell like." Bob says.

"The waters been comin down that hole for a while. Slimed this place up good." Rick says.

"We can use the shelves to block them." Sasha points.

"Yeah, that's it, Sasha. There's our way. Down those shelves." Rick says. I turn my head and see Gabriel slowly backing away. I tap Rick's arm and he turns to see Gabriel. He reaches out and grabs his arm. "Hey, I said you're comin with us." He growls. We all pull our knives out and began climbing down the shelf. I was the last to go down and I jump in the water, feeling some slimy parts covering my body.

"Go! Go!" Rick yells. I push through the water and reach a shelf, grabbing a box. I turn around when I hear snarls. I whack the walker with a box and watch it disappear under water.

"B!" Screams Rick. The walker comes back from the surface and I finally kill it with my knife. Another comes from under water and I quickly turn and get behind the shelf, pushing it and trapping the walker under the water.

"Bob!" I hear. I look around and couldn't find him. There's a long silence as we all look around. I see bubbles floating up to the surface and Bob suddenly jumps up and he looks at everyone.

"You okay? Bob, you okay?" Sasha approaches him.

"I'm fine, now." He smiles. Sasha chuckles and wraps her arms around him. I look around and see Rick holding onto Gabriel.

"B, come on." Rick then says. I grab the boxes I found and dragged them through the water to get back to the top. Everyone else already climbed out of the death pit and they help Rick and I bring the boxes up. Bob holds his hands out as Rick pushes me up and out. I finally turn around and grab his hands, pulling him up.

We all push the carts full of boxes and totes filled up food back to the church. For the most part, everyone was quiet. But I soon heard Michonne and Rick talking. I didn't pay any attention, mostly because I was more focused on Allison...again. Sure, I hated her at first, denied her of being my sister, accused her of lying, hated her for being so damn annoying, but apart of me keeps thinking what if she is my sister? What if she's...gone, before I was even able to get to know her? Before I was able to know the full story of how we are sisters and why we were separated.