•Chapter Fifteen•

M U T E D

Season 2

Daryl's Point of View:

"Daryl. Daryl, wake up." I flutter my eyes open and I jump up from the chair and look to see B out of bed.

"Where is she?" I ask.

"She's taking a shower. I'd figured she could use some freshening up." Lori tells me. "I'm no doctor, but I hear showering can boost up your emotional state. It's therapeutic."

"Did she say anything?" I ask.

"Not much. If you want to consider her nodding her head to agreeing with taking a shower." She says.

"Okay." I utter. "What now? Is that-"

"I think we all keep our distance and give her space. When she's ready to talk, she'll talk." She says. I huff out a breath of relief and nod my head.

"You hungry?" She asks.

"No." I shake my head. "What time is it?"

"A little past 12pm." She says.

"Shit. I overslept!" I groan. "Damn it, Rick is-"

"He's fine. Everybody is. Nobody hasn't left yet. Their talking now, that's it." Lori assures me.

"I'm gonna head out then. You got B?" I ask her.

"Of course." She nods. I thanked her before walking out of the room. I step outside and see Rick and Shane standing at Carol's Cherokee. I approach the two and see them pointing at a map.

"Nothing about what Daryl found screams Sophia. Anyone could be holed up in that farmhouse." Shane says.

"Whoever slept in that cupboard was no bigger than yay-high. It's a good lead." I interrupt.

"There could be kids missing too, from other camps." Shane argues.

"I don't think I ever seen you put any type of effort into finding Sophia. You're just following the rest, doin what Rick and I plan. I wouldn't be opening my mouth right now." I growl.

"I'm just bein rational, Daryl."

"So anybody could be yay-high and holed up in that cupboard. Anybody but Sophia." I nod. "Makes perfect sense."

"Alright. Arguing ain't gonna get us anywhere. Maybe we'll pick up her trail again." Rick interferes.

"No maybe about it. I'm gonna borrow a horse, head up to this ridge right here, take a birds eye-view of the whole grid." I point to the map. "If she's up there, I'll spot her." I say.

"Good idea." Rick nods.

"Maybe you'll see your chupacabra up there too." Dale steps in.

"Chupacabra?" Rick questions.

"You never heard this? Our first night in camp, Daryl tells us that the whole thing reminds him of a time when he went squirrel hunting and he saw a chupacabra." Dale explains. I hear Jimmy, one of Hershel's people laughing.