•Chapter Ninety Six•

M U T E D

Season 5

Bobbie's Point of View:

I walked through the streets searching for Rick. I wanted to go with him to find some useful things to find for us and for Negan and the Saviors. Ever since Daryl was here, I can only think about him, all I can think about is how he's bruised up, broken, he won't speak, he won't do anything. Negan gave Daryl a chance to speak up, to ask permission to stay with us. All Daryl did was...stayed silent. He was muted.

I wonder how Maggie's doing. With Negan wanting to have her as his wife, like he wanted me to be, we lied and said she was dead. I kinda wanna go to this Hilltop place to see what it's like, and to just see Maggie and see how she's doing. She's lost her husband, the father of her child. It must be horrible to be a widow.

I finally spotted Rick by the gate and I see him loading up the car. He looks like he's about to leave. I began jogging quick and caught up to him.

"Hey, B." Rick greets me softly. He sets down the Jerry can in the trunk and closes it. "What's up?" He asks.

"I wanna go with you." I mouth to him.

"What? No hey, Rick. Good morning, Rick. What's up, Rick?" He smirks at me. I roll my eyes and with a smile.

"Hello, Rick." I finally mouth to him.

"Hello, Bobbie." He chuckles. "I appreciate you wanting to come and help me, but I need you here. Incase Negan and the Saviors come to be assholes, I need you here to hold it down while I'm gone." He says. I make a pouty face and sigh. "Come on. You're a great fighter. You know how to take care of yourself and everyone around you." He smiles.

"Okay. I'll babysit Judith." I tell him.

"No, that's not what I'm saying." He smiles.

"No, it's okay. I haven't seen my girl in a while. I'll watch her for today. And if Negan and the Saviors do happen to come here, she will be my first priority." I smile at him. It's true. I haven't seen Judith since I woke up. I do miss her.

"Thank you, Bobbie." He pulls me in his arms for a hug and I made sure to hug him back. He finally gets into the car and he drives off.

•••••
Judith sits in the high chair in the kitchen as I began making her something to eat. I learned that she likes to eat heated up oatmeal. I never did when I was a kid, I'm strange I know. But at least Judith is normal and she likes heated oatmeal. I stirred the oats in the bowl and sat at the bar chair in front of Judith, feeding her. She ate her food without a problem and I soon noticed her getting tired. She's gotten so big. Her hair is growing, she's got some bangs goin on. She's growing to be a beautiful girl.

I picked her up and walked around the house, patting her back. I knew she had fallen asleep when I felt her head resting on my shoulder and the light snores filling the living room. I finally walked her upstairs and laid her down in her crib, winding up the lullaby toy and placing it beside her head to keep her asleep. I decided maybe I could take a short nap. I pulled the left over blankets and pillows from her closet and laid them down on the floor beside her crib. Ever since the saviors came, they all took our mattresses. Now, everyone is forced to sleep on the floors in their bedrooms. I guess we can't complain too much, each room in each house is carpet, at least we get some sort of padding. We still have pillows, and some blankets. I guess it's all not too bad.