•Chapter Thirty Seven•

M U T E D

Season 3

Bobbie's Point of View:

I asked Carol not to say anything to Rick or anyone about what I told her. She wanted me to tell Rick, but what could he do? Kill Sebastian? Sebastian's an abuser, but apart of me misses the old him. I missed the smell of him, holding his hand- the good in Sebastian. I know, I know. Call me a hypocrite for calling Carol out on her bullshit when she hugged Ed after he slapped her. But me? I wanna go back to him, get him to talk to me about changing. I don't even know what I did to push him over the limit. Spending the whole winter with him not once did he ever do anything, never laid a hand on me. All he ever did was cared about me, made sure that I was alive, watched my back. Now that we're here, all of a sudden he just switched back to his old self? What did I do?

Carol and I stood inside the cell block. We didn't say anything but simply stood next to each other. The devil himself approaches me, staring me in the eyes.

"Can we talk?"

"I don't think it's a good idea." Carol grabs my hand.

"Why not?" Sebastian asks. His eyes drop to me and I see anger in his eyes.

"She doesn't need to be with anybody." Carol says.

"I think B has a voice of her own." He argues. I take a deep breath and look at Carol. I nod my head and stood up. Sebastian leads me away and we head upstairs. We make it to the end of the balcony and we step into a caged room.

"Did you tell her about...us?" He asks. I furrow my brows and I shake my head no.

"I didn't." I tell him. I see anger fill his eyes even more. He pulls himself away from the wall and he stares down at me.

"You know what happens if you open your mouth about anything." He growls.

"I never said anything. Carol doesn't want me with anyone. She knows I'm not...mentally stable or something." I shrug at him.

"Really? I'm assuming it has something to deal with Daryl leaving, huh?" He asks. I look away from him.

"Part of the problem." I tell him.

"And what's the other? What? That I beat the hell outta you? Tried to kill you?" He smiles at me. "You know why I did that, didn't you?" I finally meet his eyes.

"If you're dead, nobody can have you. Not me. Not even Daryl. I see the way you look at him. You used to give me the same look. Now, when you look at me, it's fear. I gave you everything you deserved and what did I get in return? Not a damn thank you."

"I gave you so much more than that-"

"Oh, really? Do you remember that fight we had? The big one after the dinner party? I just slapped you and you cried like a little bitch. What did you tell me then? Huh? What did you promise me?"

"I promised that I'd do anything for you."

"Exactly. But you never did. You promised you'd do anything for me and I promised I wouldn't hurt you." He says. He leans closer to my face and gives me a smile. "Is that deal still up in the air?" I found the courage to slap him across the fave and back myself up.