•Chapter Eighty Two•

M U T E D

Season 5

Bobbie's Point of View:

"Oh, Jesus." Nicholas sighs.

"Sturgess?" Glenn asks as Nicholas picks up a hat. We all look around for any sign of Sturgess.

"He left us behind." Annie says. Nobody says a thing but we continued on. Nicholas then picks up the pace and we began jogging. We jog down an alley and stop when we see a group of walkers eating a dead body. It turns out to be Sturgess. We waited for Nicholas to keep moving or decide for us where to go instead he freezes and stares at the walkers feeding on Sturgess.

"Nicholas!" Glenn grits his teeth and pulls Nicholas away back, shoving him back to the front and away from the walkers. Nicholas turns left and he pauses again.

"Herds that way." Glenn reminds Nicholas. We turn left and see more walkers.

"Shit." Nicholas curses. He stands still and doesn't tell us where to go next. The walkers will see us if we don't move now.

"Nicholas." Glenn calls.

"Uh..." Nicholas groans. "The pet shop." He says and we moved. We jog across the street and open a door. Everyone walks inside, Michonne locking the door behind us. We all moved around slowly, looking around to see nothing. I didn't see anything else life living or dead living, nothing life threatening, except for the dead animals in the cages.

Michonne turns to all of us. "We stay quiet, patch Scott and Annie up, get out of here." Michonne says quietly.

I look around for anything useful, but all I found was some sort of stick that latches to animals; the stick animal control uses when their retrieving an animal. This could be useful. I felt a slight scratch on my lower back and I turn around to see Glenn pulling me over to him and the others.

"Hey, I was thinking, if we can find a way to distract the herd coming in, then they won't make it back to the community."

"How?" Heath asks.

"Burn one of the buildings. Hopefully more. They'll get drawn to it and they'll stop here." Glenn says.

"It's gonna take some time." Heath says.

"I'll do it, you stay with them." Michonne says.

"It's my plan. It's on me." Glenn says.

"You have a wife, Glenn." Michonne argues.

"That's why I'm doing this." Glenn nods. "You've got to get everybody back. You're the ones who can. If I take too long, just go."

"I'm not leaving without you." Michonne argues. Glenn and Michonne looks at me.

"There's nothing waiting for me at home. I'll go with you." I tell Glenn.

"You have Daryl, Bobbie." Michonne frowns.

"She's right. And like she said before, if Daryl hears your dead, he'll blame us for it." Glenn says.