•Chapter One Hundred & Forty One•

M U T E D

Season 10

Bobbie's Point of View:
Daryl, Carol, Aaron and I ride our way down the path and pull ourselves over. Daryl and I pull our bikes into bushes and covered them. I climbed off my bike and follow Daryl a little ways ahead of me. We hear twigs breaking and see Kelly, Connie, Magna, and my favorite, Jerry coming out.

"Hey." Daryl greets.

"Hey, D." Jerry greets back. I run straight for Jerry, jumping in his arms and squeezing him tight. "How's my favorite human being?" He smiles.

"Great. How's my nieces and nephew and Nabil?" I ask.

"Oh, they're great! Nabil's kickin ass, but she's strong." He chuckles. We do our best friend handshake and end it with a strong fist bump. We break our conversation and say hello to the others. Connie and I hug each other and I hug Kelly after. I glance at Magna and give her a head nod. I'm not too fond of Magna, she gives me...bitchy vibes here and there. Doesn't seem like a friendly person. To keep myself sane and not start a fight, I keep myself distant from her. Not to mention, I even heard she was stealing from Hilltop after welcoming them in their home.

"Lets get to it. Screw these freaks." Magna says. I walk a little ahead of everyone and approach Daryl's side. I pinch his forearm, grabbing his attention.

"I'm sorry I chose Carol over you." I tell him. "You know, Carol needs the help and I'm able and happy to." I say.

"Yeah I know. You gotta stop doin that, though." He says.

"Doing what?" I ask.

"Just because you're able to, and I know you love helpin, but if your gut is tellin you not to do somethin, don't do it, B. It'll come back on you." He says.

"I can take care of myself. I always have. Same as you." I say.

"Yeah, but the difference between you and I, I know when to trust my gut. I know when I've had enough. I know when to say stop." He says. "You...? You just let people push you and push you til you get yourself hurt. It's not okay, B. You gotta stand your ground, put your foot down and tell them when enough is enough." Daryl has a point. I push and push until something goes south. Then, I always find myself screwed in the end.

We all walk on foot until the sun had dropped and the moon shines bright above us. We remained on track, making sure none of us headed off into the woods and got lost or hurt or killed. My feet and legs are exhausted, but I knew eventually, we'd stop somewhere and rest. But I also knew we needed to get this done and over with. And fast.

We finally reached the border with pikes showing the border. Everyone lined up and stares at the pike line, exchanging looks. Daryl looks down at me.

"What's your gut tellin you?" He asks.

"Doesn't matter. There's no going back now." I shrug at him.

"B." He softly calls. I wave him off, shaking my head. There really isn't going back. About halfway on the walk, I began to feel like something horrible was going to go wrong, but I didn't want to turn around and head back home by myself. Being that we're pretty close to the border, I didn't want Alpha or anyone capturing me, torturing me all over again. I wanted to stay out here with Daryl, so I'd know if by the end of this, he'd still be alive.