•Chapter One Hundred & Forty Seven•

M U T E D

Season 10

Daryl's Point of View:
Negan and I sat down side by side, but facin different directions. We were both quiet for a while. We've been walkin the woods all night, til we decided to take a break. With everything Negan's told and shown me these past few hours, it's beginnin to make me believe him. I guess B would pull somethin like this if she had the chance. But I just wish she woulda told me, same goes for Carol. Makes me wonder how long they've been plannin this, what made 'em choose Negan in the first place. The only person I could get the whole story from is Carol. I don't hate her like I told her, but I just don't know if I'm ready to bring myself to her and ask, knowin she's the reason B and Connie are gone.

I see the water bottle come into my view. I accept the bottle from Negan and took a chug from it. I hear Negan sigh.

"Not to spin a broken record, but I don't think she's coming back." He says. We waited for Carol to find us, but it's been hours since we've waited here for her.

"You know, I'm...I'm not bullshittin you." He says.

"I know." I say.

"When I said that I liked it...that wasn't part of the act." He says.

"Yeah. I know." I nod.

"You know, when your people locked me up, I lost everything. Seven years spent starin out that little window...man, it sucked. It got so bad that even my memories had bars painted on 'em. So when Alpha took me in...I admit it, I...I liked it. It was..." he lets out a sigh. "It was nice feelin like I mattered again, like I was respected. But she took it too far. You don't kill people that don't deserve it. And you never kill kids."

"Is that supposed to make me like you?" I scoff.

"No." He utters.

"Good." I nod.

"But what about my winning personality?" He asks. I let out a sigh and stood up on my feet, walkin away from him. "What about Carol?" He asks. I ignore his question and continued movin. "Alright, look, if we're goin back to Alexandria, we gotta make sure Bobbie is there. She told me she'd tell everyone." He says.

"It ain't gonna happen." I say.

"Then we wait for Carol." He says.

"You can." I say.

"Oh, come on, Daryl!" He whines. "Look, I...I can't go back there empty handed. I don't even think you believe me yourself." He sighs. "Lets just...Let's just sit me somewhere and you head back to Alexandria. If Bobbie is there, bring her out and we'll walk back together and she'll tell everybody. Okay? Can we please do that?"

"It ain't gonna happen." I growl.

"Look, I know what I did and what I've put you through. You don't trust me, you probably never will. But I know you trust Bobbie. You trust her with about everything I'm sure. If you trust her, then why can't you trust me?" He asks.

"She ain't gonna be there." I say.

"Then we'll go to Hilltop and bring her back to Alexandria-"