Chapter 96

Mitsuko surrounded by enemies found herself in her element, her wild swings of her serpent arms slain many enemies, she was quick and deadly. Soon enough, her blades were stained in blood as she found herself getting surrounded by more future victims of her carnage. She stabbed an enemy in the gut with her sword, only to raise it high and vertically slice through the torso in half, while swinging her scythe to the charging opponent, penetrating his left shoulder as he screamed in agony while quickly dropping to his knees. Mitsuko forcefully removed the scythe and kicked the bleeding corpse away. She turned around diagonally carved through another enemy luging towards her, he left his guard wide open and could only widen his eyes in horror as her sword cleaved through him, he didn't feel much of anything before it was too late. His legs stumbled to the ground while his torso fell to the side. Mitsuko twisted her body and blocked an oncoming attack from Lyra as she jumped and struck her sword down, Mitsuko blocked it with both her weapons. The two of them leant in as they both stared at each other. Mitsuko's eyes were filled with bloodlust and pleasure while Lyra's was filled with bitter hatred.

'Ahh hello there. I don't think I've had the pleasure to know your name. If you live long enough maybe I'll learn it.' Mitsuko grinned sadistically which made Lyra grit her teeth angrily.

'A pleasure you will not earn serpent because you will be given to lord Jinzha for his ascension.'

'Oh I ain't going to be given to nobody, I'm not a slave to be traded!' Mitsuko replied as she pushed Lyra back and swung with her weapons, Lyra managed to block and deflect the attacks as she kept walking back.

On top of the wall Grus was fighting for his life as Da Ji unleashed a relentless onslaught to him. With constant slashing attacks with her claws, Grus was unable to get an opportunity of attack as the look of Da Ji's sadistic look in her eyes terrified him. He saw the spear penetrate her stomach! How could she have survived, and how did she get here to co-habit this pathetic humans body? He attempted to dodge and block out of the way however for the last few strikes Da Ji managed to scratch some clothing off from his forearms and tore some off from the right side of his stomach. During one attack Da Ji lunged at Grus, he sidestepped the attack and lowered his spear to sweep Da Ji off her feet. However she leapt up in the air and slashed down with her right claw. Her claw tore through his forearm, which immediately bled his golden blood as he took a step back and grabbed it. While Da Ji slurped the blood that was on her claws. Grus gritted his teeth through the pain and held his spear firmly once again, ready for the next onslaught.

Da Ji smirked behind her veil as her 9 tails behind her that are shadows became sharp and sent one to attack Grus who opened his eyes in shock, unaware of this. He sidestepped but the attack caught his shoulder, which started to drip with blood. A sharp pain surged through his body as another tail cut through the top of his other shoulder before Da Ji unleashed a volley of them. Each one tail performed a stabbing attach simultaneously to keep up the pressure at different angles making it difficult for Grus to keep up. He tried to block and dodge out of the way of the tails however with each one blocked another one quickly attacks. There was one or two attacks that got through, barely missing the entire limb, just enough of a scratch to draw blood. Grus was being pushed back by Da Ji who didn't seem to break a sweat as she just walked closer and closer to him as her tails did all the work for her. More attacks were made and thus more blood was drawn from his wounds as more wounds appeared on his arms, torso and sides of his legs. He felt himself get weaker with every attack, he knew he couldn't last too much longer against her. He had to attack her. He lunged in, narrowly dodging an incoming attack from one of her tails and thrusted the spear into her stomach as fast as he could. Da Ji simply leapt back to get more distance. Grus lunged in and released a flurry of attacks, trying desperately to catch her. But he can't hit her, she had a mischievous look in her eyes, as if she was amusing herself similar to Pang tong. He growled in frustration as he put more strength in his attacks out of frustration.