Chapter 13

As the horse galloped away from the city as fast as he can, Mitsuko looks back on the city and can still see the flames scorch it from quite far away. She wonders how Sun Jian and the other generals of the alliance are, however she realises who they actually are and historically they all survived so she focused on the objective that she needs to accomplish herself. About half a day has passed since they escaped the burning city, Mitsuko began thinking about the time she first arrived here to this very moment remembering every step that hasn't been time skipped though some of them are coming back aswell.

She realised something...she was a much happier person. Sure this era had a lack of technology and getting around everywhere just by horses or foot is so slow by comparison to cars or train. She didn't care though, she didn't care if it took her days to get somewhere whereas by car or train it would only take a few hours at most. She started to appreciate her surroundings more, she started to see beauty and colour in the world. She had so much frustration before with everything and everyone and now she feels she has enough strength to do the one thing she subconsciously always wanted to do when someone pusher her around, she pushes back she gets to deliver her own form of punishment. She felt more stronger, more confident with herself. That was all Mitsuko wanted, she just wanted to be stronger, she didn't want to be considered a weakling anymore although she felt she still has a long way to go it's a start. She thanked the snake demon thing, Orochi she remembers Dodomeki calling him for transporting him here. It turned to night as Mitsuko looks up to the dark night sky and sees it filled with bright stars and a half moon.

'Have any ideas?' Miu questions Mitsuko which interrupted her daydreaming.

'I'm sorry?'

'I asked if you have any ideas how to get in? I didn't expect this many guards outside the city. Infiltrating it is going to be a pain.' He rubs his forehead as Mitsuko thinks to herself trying to come up with a solution. She looks down and notices that she's still wearing her imperial uniform and since news travel a lot slower in this time she has a plan.

'Do you have any rope or anything like it? Mitsuko inquired which confused Miu Zhuo.'

'There might be some on the side pouches of the saddle but why?' Mitsuko begins to rummage through them and eventually found a short rope.

'Ok give me your hands.'

'What why?'

'Look I'm still wearing an imperial uniform. With luck they may think I'm on their side, if you're in binds I can say you're my prisoner I captured as we fled Luo Yang. Since we're not exactly popular we may not be recognised and we can get inside no problem.' She explains as he brings his arms behind his back. Mitsuko tied them fairly loose so he isn't too restricted but still looks convincing enough to be a prisoner. She has her left hand on the reins of the horse and her right hand still gripping her scythe and they casually made their way to the front gate. Mitsuko thinks that the horse may be too tired to actually sprint even more so she slows its pace. She approaches the front gate very casually as the guards stop her.

'Halt, who's that with you?'

'Someone fighting against lord Dong Zhuo, I managed to catch him before we left Luo Yang. I'm going to bring him to him now to speak for his crimes.'

'Of course sorry for the delay, Dong Zhuo should be in the palace. However the stables should be nearby one of the stablemen can take care of it for you.' One of the guards told her.

'Thank you.' She replied as she makes the horse enter the city. They wander for a while as Miu Zhuo is still in loose binds seeing as Dong Zhuo's troops surround them. Shortly after they enter they wandered to the stables where a stableman took the horse by the reigns as they dismounted it.