Chapter 84

Mitsuko was escorted to the cities palace by Diamondback. As they approached the gates, the guards guarding the door halted Diamondbacks advance as they placed their speared in front of him, barring him from entering. Diamondback displayed his visible annoyance at the guards as he stared at one, unblinking. Mitsuko glanced as she opened the doors to see Diamondback being confrontational. She said it was ok and she'll meet with him later. Diamondback understood and withdraw while snarling quietly to himself. She made her way further into the messy hall to see the bandit queen Zhang Jiang leaning into one of the arms of her throne wearing a stoic expression on her face. Along with her advisor and husband on either side. As Mitsuko walked in, Zheng Jiangs face softened while Gai Shu wore an annoyed expression on his face.

'Mitsuko, glad you could join us, I assume your companion is well?' She questioned.

'He's taking it better than I thought he would in all fairness.' Zheng Jiang couldn't prevent her small chuckle from escaping her.

'I can imagine, he doesn't seem like the type to wait around.'

'Oh you have no idea.'

'hehe, you'd be surprised. However I didn't call you here for a simple catch up, I'd like to know what happened out there concerning the village as I was quite surprised to see so many supplies you hauled from them.

'Yes, we reached the village and they were...less than pleasant to say the least. I tried solving it diplomatically however since they weren't going to co-operate I razed it to the ground. We took as many supplies as we could, though one of my officers got caught going too far out taking out anyone that would flee though he was ambushed hence why he ended up in that state.' Mitsuko explained, Zheng Jiang grinned as she righted herself, hearing Mitsuko's lack of empathy for her victims.

'Unfortunate but that is the way of things. But these supplies will help our forces a lot. Thank you for doing this for us.'

'Don't forget your side of the agreement. I didn't do this for out of pure generosity.' Mitsuko reminded her.

'Watch your tongue! You speak to our lady with respect!' Gai Shu warned her, his weapon raised however Zheng Jiang quickly spoke up.

'Silence Gai Shu.'

'But my lady...' Gai Shu's voice contained his hurt which Mitsuko was surprised by.

'I said silence. She's right and I'll grant her request.' Zheng Jiang stated as she grabbed one of her axes and stood up before she pointed the axe at Mitsuko.

'From this day forth your enemies are our enemies. Your soldiers and my soldiers will fight and die upon the same battlefields together. Our weapons will be drenched in the blood of our foes!' The hall was silent as neither party did anything before Zheng Jiang sighed as she lowers her axe.

'Sorry, I didn't know what's supposed to happen. Bandits aren't known for making military alliances. In any event, all of you are dismissed. I wish to discuss our newfound alliance with my ally.' The guards did as what they were told and promptly left.

'Oh in that case I better get to the market to pickup that new robe I wanted while getting something to eat. Have fun you two.' Lu Zheng stated as she hid her coy smile behind her fan as she withdrew from the main hall and walked out the doors. Gai Shu sighed and started to leave, though not before shooting Mitsuko a dirty glance, she repaid that in glance with an intimidating one. One that told him she wouldn't hesitate to kill him should he try anything. He growled quietly before he left. Leaving only the bandit queen and the serpent alone.

'It may not be my place to say anything but what's his fucking problem?' Mitsuko questioned, annoyance present in her voice. Zheng Jiang laughed slightly at it.