Chapter 111

Gyuki and his troops marched his troops forward to outflank one of the sides of the enemy. Gyuki felt confident in his abilities to demolish he enemy however commanding soldiers was another matter entirely, even if it was just a simple order. He couldn't help but wonder if they were to claim victory here together now that there are very few demons left as generals would he have to pick up the mantle of commanding troops? Would Dodomeki? He never had to do any commanding before, it was mainly cleaving as a battering ram of destruction or lurking in the shadows on backline sabotage missions. However if he this was what Mitsuko wanted he could do it...but would he do a good job for lady Mitsuko?

'Lord Gyuki we have made visual contact with the enemy but it seems we may have had...reinforcements?' A soldier stated. Gyuki was confused, reinforcements? He wasn't aware of any reinforcements, he halted his soldiers and took a few steps closer to look at the enemy. As he examined the situation more closely he found the enemy was being attacked by...frogs? He was confused, he wasn't aware of any demonic frogs under Orochi. All of a sudden he heard something on top of the wall to his side. He looked up to see a shadowy figures leap off and ambush him. Another frog appeared armed with a sword as he grabbed a hold of Gyuki's tusk and tried to attack Gyuki with it. He grabbed a hold of the arm that the frog was going to attack and throw the frog behind her and forcing it to let go of its tusk with his strength. The frog however as he was flung to the side it released its tongue and wrapped it around Gyuki's left tusk. Dragging him to the ground as his body was twisted before landing on buildings.

'General Gyuki!' One soldier exclaimed as he landed, they all looked to see the attacker, unsure of what to do as two more frogs appeared on top of the wall, hunching over the edge, eyeing up their prey as they licked their lips.

'erm, defensive positions!' Gyuki ordered hesitantly, he figured that should be the best thing to do. It's not like they could charge this enemy. The soldiers obeyed as they adopted a shell formation with pikes on the frontline forming a 360 degrees circle with infantrymen in the inner circle. However, the frogs laughed at their attempts and used their tongues to snatch a couple up and gobbled them. Their screams muffled as they were pulled in and devoured. The frog that toppled hopped on one of the roofs in front of Gyuki and laughed.

'This is the great devourer that we heard so much about? Tch, pitiful.' They arrogantly boasted as Gyuki stood up meeting the frog in the eyes with a hateful glare. He examined the frog as he rose, noticing his viridian green skin with a lighter leaf green underbelly with bulbous eyes, cute at first but on closer inspection held hatred and contempt.

'Call this pitiful!' He growled as he raised his club high to smash the frog, the frog however easily evades the attack as it hopped to another house quite far away to Gyuki's left, outside of striking range.

'Haha, you truly thought you could get me with an attack that slow? You really are as dumb as you look.' They chortled as he glanced to his right to see they're siblings leap down and began to swing and slash at the troops. Hacking them away. The giant frog hopped on several houses towards Gyuki, keeping him guessing where he was going to go. Each hop several tens of rooftiles were removed due to the sheer force of his speed combined with his weight. It was a miracle the house didn't buckle immediately. They hopped with such speed he saw Gyuki having trouble spotting him. They smiled as he drew his blade he hopped on the final roof before leaping forward, aiming for a slash towards Gyuki's torso. As it was about to strike however it found itself swatted away by Gyuki's club as it was flown across the various roofs of the buildings. As a result of this, many citizens of the house rushed outside and sprinted away as far as they could after seeing the monsters destroy their homes. The frog landed on his legs eventually and wiped blood trickling down from the side of its mouth and looked down at the bright green blood while chuckling.