Chapter 31

The next morning all the officers attended the strategy meeting, tensions were high between the officers however they managed to contain their urges and listened to Chen Gong since Liu Bei didn't have a strategist of his own, much to their dismay, however for the sake of their lord they were willing to drop all grudges...for now. The camp was situated near the minor castle in ShouChun Yuan Shu was visiting while he was gloating his position and wealth to his own people. Chen Gong came up with a pincer manoeuvre as the main strategy. Liu Bei's forces would attack from the West while Lu Bu's forces would attack from the East.

Lu Bu's army would split into two. The larger contingent would take the high road where more enemies would be stationed while the other would take the low acting as something of a strike force in case the enemy caught on to the pincer attack and the main force is delayed for too much time, this contingent included LingQi, Mitsuko and Zang Ba. Once all the enemies outside the castle were defeated then they would storm the castle. After the strategy meeting all the officers dispersed and returning to their troops to inform them of what the strategy was.

'Looks like we'll be working together again eh?' Zang Ba glances at Mitsuko who chuckles at him

'Quite.' She responds as a few of Liu Bei's soldiers were marching muttering while giving them a sly glare before leaving.

'Hmph still not sure why we're here though. We shouldn't be concerned by whoever will be on the throne since that will belong to lord Lu Bu soon enough, so why should we bother ourselves with such a trivial matter like who's sitting on the throne now?'

'Are you questioning my father's decision?' LingQi inquired annoyed by constant questioning of her father.

'O-of course not! I was only erm...' Zang Ba bowed out of respect and fear in the fact that LingQi would report him to her father.

'Erm...I...I will go and prepare the troops immediately my lady.' Zang Ba stated as he quickly retreats back to the men and to get as far away from there as possible.

'Ha you showed him.' Mitsuko snickered however stops as she sees LingQi's frown remain.

'Maybe so but they all still should have some faith in my father's decisions.'

'Well you can't blame them for being curious of this decision at least.'

'I suppose not...though I still do not like it...the constant questioning makes me fear they are not loyal enough to father.' She stated before sighing.

'Yeah I can understand that. It's difficult to listen to people saying the same thing about someone you care about and all you want them to do is to just stop.'

Mitsuko's mind briefly flickered back to her own time. Back at her school, she would normally overhear statements from the other students as she was putting her things back in her locker. She would hear smark remarks about Akari...constantly hearing degrading and ignorant comments about her. She would've done something but she was too consumed with fear and was as a result too weak to do anything, even if they upset her greatly...aswell as infuriate her.

Mitsuko's taken back to the present when she hears LingQi calling out to her. She looks at her concerned face and tries to brush that flashback of hers off.

'Sorry I dozed off what did you say?'

'Are you ok? You're not normally the type to have your mind wander when a battle is looming nearby.'

'I'm fine do not worry I was just thinking of the battle ahead too much, sorry about that. Well anyway we should get to the troops and get moving then shall we?' Mitsuko starts to walk in the same direction as Zang Ba once did. LingQi stood there for a moment looking at Mitsuko.