Chapter 110

A/n: Just a quick one, if you read this in one go. First of all you're a champion and you deserve a medal and secondly remember to take care of yourself and take a water break before reading.

Mitsuko lunged forward and swung her weapons with more discipline, stopping the moment she missed Jinhza. She knew from the brief seconds of fighting that it is about speed and control to take out Jinhza, brute strength while helpful won't be of much use she thinks to herself as Jinhza ducked and weaved through her attacks. She swung her scythe overhead diagonally towards Jinhza who deflected the attack and bounced it away with the right blade, at the same time Mitsuko used her sword serpent to strike horizontally towards him. Jinhza parried the attack away with the same blade as he struck it overhead and pointed the left tip towards Mitsuko face. He took a few steps and thrusted it to Mitsuko. She used her scythe serpent to recoil directly in front of her and struck in front of him. Jinhza had to stop his momentum and use the left blade to block the attack as he twisted the double-bladed weapon to the right. The strength of the attack made him slid across the floor in the main palace as he was pushed away by Mitsuko's swing. As he was pushed back, he shook his arms due to the power of the push. He immediately lunged forward for another set of strikes towards his opponent as he horizontally swung from the left side.

As soon as Mitsuko was going to deflect the attack Jinhza withdrew the blade and bounced off his right foot to the side avoiding Mitsuko's scythe entirely and made their way quickly towards her. He attacks with his right blade overhead, Mitsuko blocked the attack with her sword serpent, the metallic clang echoed throughout the main hall. The scythe careened towards Jinhza before he leaps in the air using the blade that is blocking as a platform to assist him. He flips over Mitsuko and lands behind her, their backs faced each other. Mitsuko twisted her body as Jinhza landed, so as he twisted to the right he saw the oncoming crescent blade and widened his eyes in shock. He blocked the attack with the sword being in contact with the polearm just before the neck blade, the crescent tip, thirsty for blood was millimetres from his right eye. Mitsuko put more strength into the attack, overpowering Jinhza as he was pushed and flew back off his feet. Mitsuko planted the crescent blade firmly in the ground as far as she could in front of her, piercing it as she propelled herself forward. Jinhza landed on his feet however his left foot was extended backwards. As he looked up, he saw Mitsuko's demonic wide smile with her sword next to her face, lunging towards his face. He swatted the blade downwards using the left side of his blade and let go of the handle with his right blade to allow him to swing horizontally aiming for her neck. Mitsuko's smile grew wider as she used her scythe serpent to pull herself back, narrowly avoiding the blade. He glanced to his right to see the other serpent being recoiled and is positioned behind him. He leaps up to avoid the blade however to his surprise he felt the fangs of serpent grab onto his ankle and carried him in the air towards Mitsuko.

As she landed on her feet she whipped her serpent above her, forcing Jinhza to crash to the ground. He used his forearms to break the fall and prevented himself for having his face smashed in the ground. Although he groaned in pain as he was slammed. He heard the air being cut as the scythe plummeted towards his head. Jinhza used his blade and nicked the serpent holding his leg above its face. Mitsuko winced, releasing a surpressed hiss forcing her serpent to let go, Jinhza manages to evade the attack just in time. He rolled on the floor a couple of times before he managed to stand right back up. He saw Mitsuko recoil the serpents and examined the scar. The serpent with the attack looked like it winced, looking at Mitsuko with soft eyes before shaking its head and hardening itself. Mitsuko didn't expect such a small attack cause her that much pain and watched black blood escape from one of the scales and slowly drip down, all the while keeping an eye on Jinhza. Jinhza spotted the black blood plummet to the ground and smirked. He felt his confidence coming back, seeing that despite her exterior, the serpent is still able to bleed. If it bleeds it can be killed. He smirked at the serpent, who noticed this and without hesitation opened her mouth wide revealing her snake fangs and used her tongue to lick golden blood from the tip of the crescent blade.