Chapter 6

'There you are I was wondering where you disappeared too, come on she just exits the city.' The larger shadow exclaims as it points towards Mitsuko walking.

'My apologies I had...errands to run.' He told him.

'You don't have to lie I saw you passing the note of her scythe to him, with your cloaked disguise.' The smaller shadow seems taken aback by this however he regains his composure a second later.

'It's only natural, she requested a better weapon and if I did not intervene her weapon would've been insufficient.' It explained.

'You don't have to be afraid to say you want to support her before the time is ready. We are supposed to help her after all.'

'Look we need to move on. If we don't we'll lose sight of her come on!' It shouted as the larger shadow laughed.

'If you say so.'

Mitsuko looked behind her occasionally but she never found anyone. She couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching her, following her. It made her uncomfortable however she did her best to ignore it and continued on her journey. She walked for a couple of days before feeling lost. She occasionally asked other travellers where the capital was. They said she was going the right way however it didn't feel like it to her. The way to the capital was far longer than she realised. The path itself was a simple paved road littered with green shrubbery and fields.

'Damn I never realised how big China was. I wish Shang Xiang was here then it wouldn't be so damn boring.' She thought to herself as she continued to travel. Roughly a day later she spots a caravan being surrounded by people. She started running towards them thinking they're an escorted caravan but as she got closer she noticed the yellow turban attires and were armed and outnumbered the escort. A few bodies were on the floor. Mitsuko readied her scythe and ran towards them.

'We know he is in there and we killed your friends, bring him out we only want him.' A yellow turban threatened to someone who looks like an imperial soldier who was disarmed.

'Never! He's the only one that can help you all. Please just see reason!' He pleaded.

'No our forces are still alive and strong! We'll bring about the way of peace and his death is necessary prepare to die!' He shouts before he was interrupted by his companion.

'Hey boss who's that coming this way? Should we engage them?' He looked at Mitsuko and recognised her weapon's blade from afar.

'Oh no it's the reaper she's here! No one else uses a weapon like that!' He started to panic.

'The snake reaper!? What do we do?' The yellow turbans desperately try to figure out a solution or how to get rid of Mitsuko however their fear got to the better of them.

'Let's retreat for now we'll kill him another day!' The leader ordered and they scattered away from the carriage. By the time Mitsuko reached the carriage the few yellow turbans were out of her reach. She looked more disappointed in herself and she wondered why, it's not like she didn't help at all. However the thought of spilling blood was quite a pleasant thought to her but she never understood why now of all things. The guard walks up to her as soon as she's near the carriage.

'Oh thank you my lady you saved us!' The guard expressed his gratitude to Mitsuko who blushes slightly due to embarrassment.

'It was nothing really. By the way you wouldn't happen to know where Luo Yang is would you? I travelled for at least a week from Chang Sha and I just want to know if I'm going the right way?' She questions the guard.