Chapter 56

LingQi blocked overhead strikes from three different angles with her left glaive and cut down the warriors in a single blow by using her other one to slice their guts open as she twisted her body to slay all her attackers. She deflected an attack coming from her side with her right glaive and thrusted it in the attacker's face. Instead of removing it she swung the glaive in front of her knocking the oncoming attacker over with the corpse as it slid off the blade. As the attacker could move the corpse on his face LingQi quickly stabbed him in the stomach, making him cease all movements as blood quickly filled his mouth. LingQi struck upwards cleaving an enemy almost in two upwards from the torso causing a huge gash which caused a fountain of blood to spray everywhere. She looked up to see more enemies charging her way, she smiled sadistically as she lunged herself further into the fray with a glaive in each hand.

She quickly takes two enemies in quick succession as she struck upwards on one enemy and immediately downwards on the next one using the same glaive but with different sides. She quickly thrusted her left glaive through an enemy's gut and struck upwards at another enemy charging at her head on with her right glaive. It pierces the torso slightly before splitting the front of the face clean in two before she withdrew her left weapon. She then used it to slay three enemies careening towards her with a single swing of her weapon. She stabbed another oncoming enemy and lifted them up in the air and twisted her body to make the body as well as the blade plant into a soldier coming in from behind. The blade that sticks out of the first body penetrated the top of the skull making them quickly drop. As she planted her foot on the skull to remove the blade, she quickly thrusted her free weapon backwards, impaling the soldier in the chest. He stood there as he felt his strength quickly drain away as he dropped his weapon. LingQi withdrew both her weapons at the same time, the standing corpse slowly fell backwards. LingQi quickly turned around deflected an oncoming spear thrust with her right glaive and followed it up with a quick swipe of her left glaive, decapitating the soldier almost instantly. The arms flailed as if registering what just happened before it promptly fell.

As soon as the swing is completed, she quickly reversed the swipe and lowered it to the hit the legs of the warrior in front of her, causing him to be swept off his feet. LingQi used her right glaive to strike upwards at his stomach, slicing it open and making the body fly forwards as a blood trail followed suit, even tripping one of the soldiers as they made their way towards her. When she twisted her body, she blocked an oncoming attack by crossing both the polearms to block an oncoming attack with a spear, the tip stopped inches from her face though she didn't flinch. She instead smirked at the soldier who looked terrified. LingQi put more strength in crossing the polearms together which shattered the wooden polearm of the spear. Thousands of tiny splinters of wood drop to the ground as well as the tip of the spear. The soldier could only watch in horror as his weapon is destroyed and LingQi crossed her glaives to opposite sides. Only to quickly turn them horizontally and cleaves her way through the warrior as the blades cut through the flesh from the shoulders upwards. Making that part off his body slide backwards due to the slight angle the cut made causing blood to periodically spill from the wound and sprayed slightly on her armour. The body crashed to the knees before falling in front of LingQi. She glanced at Gyuki to see how he was holding up.

Gyuki used his massive club to clobber a mystic on the ground, completely flattening him. He swiped the club across the floor to smash another mystic against the tree, causing the mystic cough up a lot of blood. Gyuki moves the club only for the mystic to lie down on the ground. He swung upwards to his side carrying the club across the ground causing some of the soil to be carried with the club's momentum, only to his a mystic high in the air and drop down the club on his comrade next to him who rolled out the way on the ground leaving himself vulnerable. He glanced to his right to see one of the warriors charged towards him with a spear. He quickly used his free hand to grab the spear and raised it high in the air. The enemy soldier clung onto the spear out of instinct however when he looked down, he saw Gyuki opened his mouth wide. He attempted to move up the spear and Gyuki's gaps between his fingers to escape his fate. However this was futile as he can't get a grip and if he dropped now he would only end up there faster. He could only delay the inevitable as Gyuki descended the spear down and loosened his hand as he chomped down. He quickly started chewing slowly as he could hear the mystic screaming in agony before a quick bite silenced him. He quickly started to chew again after he removed the now blood coated spear from between his teeth and threw it away like a toothpick.