Chapter 16

The sun was at its highest point in the sky as Juan Castle was in Mitsuko's sight. She couldn't wait to get in the fray of things and get the adrenaline pumping through her veins again. As they get closer they notice that a small amount of troops are in front of the gates. Mitsuko was confused by this.

'I would've thought they would stay cooped up in their castle rather than face us in the field...it must be an honour thing.' She concluded to herself as she pumps herself up. As they get close they saw that they started to march towards them. Zhang Liao recognising this ordered the small force to quicken their pace towards the castle. A lone man dressed in mainly blue robes while on horseback aswell as a few others who seem to be acting as his bodyguards. When the gap between the two sides were short enough both leaders gave the signal to charge at each other.

A couple of the horseback soldiers decided to charge near the flanks trying to get a few kills before the armies clash. One made her way towards Mitsuko with the intention of picking her up, thinking of her as an easy kill especially since she's on the very left of the force. As the horse gallops closer to Mitsuko the soldier grasps his spear tightly as he readies his thrust. When she was in range he thrusts his spear at her as hard as he could. Mitsuko raised her scythe high calmly and struck down and made her body go with her momentum making her body bend forward. The thrust of the spear narrowly misses and the scythe makes contact with the right side of his neck. He didn't even realise what had happened until a second later as he fell off from his horse lying on the ground near the charging soldiers. He grasped his wound to try and stop it from pouring out and attempted to crawl away. Mitsuko saw this and walked to him, planted her foot on his back and cleanly decapitated him. She smirks as she looks over her first kill of the day and looks forward to the small force that are just about to make contact with each other. Mitsuko decided to sprint there to get to the fight as fast as she could.

The frontline soldiers started combat with each other, the look of many determined faces trying to kill their opposition while trying to survive and return home for their families. Zhang Liao Charged forward headfirst wiping out several men in the initial strike and continues his onslaught as he effortlessly takes out any enemy soldiers with each of his swings of his axes. As soldiers started fighting Mitsuko picks a couple of as she sprinted into the fray, using her scythe to cut their exposed necks as she runs past them. A few soldiers that were not in combat started to attack Mitsuko. She smirked as a few were lunging forward at her. She did a massive swing taking out a few of the enemy. As they crashed to the ground she saw even more charging towards her. She started to take them out one by one with her scythe as they came to her. Each swing of her scythe had a lot strength behind them. With the first one lunging towards her with his sword held high she drops her scythe diagonally attacking his neck. She started to realise that she had been targeting them since they normally leave it exposed and the easiest way to make them fresh corpses on the battlefield.

One enemy soldier charged her with his spear clenched tightly, she sidesteps to the left and strikes the right side of his neck making him fall to the ground. She swings at another one and slices his cheeks, cleaving through one and going through his open mouth to cut the other one open. The momentum makes him fall face down. She puts her boot on his back and attempted to strike him. However an enemy warrior uses his sword to block the attack while another attempts to lunge in with his spear. Mitsuko lets go of her scythe with her left hand and unsheathes her hidden sword slashing the soldier blocking her scythe in the process at his gut. She kicks him away and strikes with her scythe in a downwards diagonal angle to the charging soldier piercing the side of his skull and tearing out some of the flesh. His spear was too low to make any impact as he dropped at Mitsuko's feet. She returned her attention to the man beneath her and used her sword to strike his skull. When she retracted she noticed something on one of the sides of the blade. She took a closer look and noticed a peculiar pattern on the sword she didn't see before. She wondered why that was when all of a sudden she saw another soldier about to attack her, she blocks it with her sword and kicks him away and slashes his neck with her scythe. She shook her head realising that this wasn't the best time to wonder what the hell that mark was on her sword.