Chapter 23

After the fighting between Mitsuko and LingQi versus the bandits Dodomeki stealthily makes his way into the village and attempts to infiltrate the blacksmiths workshop. After quickly scouting around and being unable to see any bystanders he enters through the front door. As he enters however a sword clumsily strikes down from above making it very easy to step back from the strike. Dodomeki quickly enters and strangles the attacker who is the blacksmith he tasked to craft Mitsuko's new armour. He drops the sword and him and shuts the door quickly and hovers over him as he begs for forgiveness.

'You have a lot of nerve trying to strike me.' Dodomeki spits with venom as the blacksmith went on his knees and places his hands on the floor in a praying position.

'Please forgive me my lord I thought you were a mere bandit.'

'If you try anything like that your life will be forfeit aswell as your family understood?' he questions the blacksmith grits his teeth as he hears his family's life threatened by this demonic abomination or whatever the hell he was.

'Yes of course my lord.' He bows his head as Dodomeki scoffs and looks around.

'So have you completed your task then?' He inquires as the blacksmith stands up and dusts off his pants before responding.

'Yes I completed it a while ago it is stored in the chest.' He points out the chest in the corner. Dodomeki opens the chest pulls out a rather magnificent set of armour coloured in black. He examines it closely to make sure there weren't any mistakes made in the craftsmanship. The blacksmiths heart rate starts to race in fear of making even a small mistake such cost him his life. He begins to sweat as he examines one particular area that he checked before. Dodomeki checks the torso first and then the legs which were separate entities. After finishing his examination he finds the last part of the attire the helmet with a peculiar shape that Dodomeki examines even more closely. He turns the helmet as the blacksmith wipes the sweat from his brow before it is soon replaced by even more. Dodomeki puts the helmet back in the chest seemingly satisfied and closes it.

'Not bad not bad at all for a human.' Dodomeki responds as he packs the armour back in the chest.

'So have we earned our lives then my lord?' The blacksmith questions though he immediately regrets it as Dodomeki pierces his soul with his large eye staring into his before turning back towards the chest.

'I suppose so. Just stay out of my way and the one I serve and you will not be harmed by us.' He closes the chest as the blacksmith bows respectfully though he did it out of fear.

'O-of course my lord whatever you wish.' Dodomeki picks up the chest and lays it on his shoulder keeping it steady with one arm. The blacksmith was in awe of Dodomeki's immense strength as it seems he doesn't slow down or struggle with the weight of it at all even with one arm.

'Wait are you sure you don't require me to deliver it to the city like you requested.' Dodomeki scoffs at the blacksmith.

'I thought you'd be grateful. But no I'll deliver this personally to ensure its success. You're part is over make sure our paths do not cross again on opposite sides.' He warns as he peers out the door to make sure no one is around. The coast was clear and Dodomeki stealthily escapes the village as he closes the door. To him the chest was barely worth mentioning as he could sprint near enough the same velocity without it. He makes his way towards Gyuki's position in a short amount of time. Gyuki in the meantime was chewing on one of the mystics legs as if it was a chew toy. He sees Dodomeki's hand planted on the edge and pulls himself up with great strength.

'Hey so he got it done after all?' He inquires as he points towards the chest.

'Yeah I was quite surprised myself but thankfully he held up his end of the bargain. Anyway how was everything out here?'