Chapter 108

As the front gate was lost to the alliance of Mitsuko and Zheng Jiang, the rest of the forces fell back further into the settlement. Archers trying to pepper the soldiers from far away, however due to their inefficient training they weren't accurate enough to get a good kill ratio. As the alliance's soldiers pushed them further and further away from the keep Mitsuko walked through the front gate with Zheng Jiang followed close behind, wielding her red sisters twin axes and LingQi with her halberds. Mitsuko examined the area as she set foot inside. Her serpent guard standing at attention while the frontline soldiers fought on. She nodded in satisfaction as she saw the troops pressing further on. She glances to her right where the screams were closest where Luna was demolishing her former allies.

'Hmm, looks like someone is having a good time over there.' She stated before she and Zheng Jiang was approached by a soldier under Mitsuko who quickly went on one knee and bowed their head respectfully.

'My lady our forces have pushed the enemy further, the central path is the shortest way towards the enemy palace. We'll be able to breach the path towards the main palace shortly and intercept the other forces in a pincer attack.'

'Excellent work. We'll make our way there immediately.' The soldier bowed in understanding before rushing their way back to the front lines, unsheathing their sword. Mitsuko glanced back towards Zheng Jiang.

'You ready?'

'Absolutely, lets claim that opportunists head!' Zheng Jiang responded with determination and the fire of vengeance burning in her eyes, Mitsuko smirked before they took on a stroll before they stopped for a moment.

'Hey LingQi.'

'Yes my lady?'

'Would you mind check on whats going on over there, something tells me it isn't one of ours and I'd prefer us to have minimal losses.' Mitsuko points towards the commotion that Luna is causing to the right of their position.

'At once my lady.' LingQi started to make their way towards the commotion only for her to be stopped by Mitsuko as she instinctively grabbed LingQi's wrist. Surprised at this she stammered her speech as she wanted to explain herself as LingQi looked at her in her eyes.

'I- erm I...I don't know why I'm doing this but...i...just wanted to say...be careful' LingQi smiled warmly at Mitsuko and it helped put her at ease as her grip became more loose than it was.

'I will, I promise.' She said before sprinted off towards the battle.

'She can take care of herself you know.' Zheng Jiang stated as she looked towards the central path and started to walk along it. Mitsuko followed shortly behind.

'Of course I know that.'

'Then why did you hesitate letting her go?'

'I...as I said I don't know.'

'I do, its fear.'

'Fear?'

'Fear of letting her go and not coming back.'

'What? Nah I'm not...worried about that at all. I know what she's capable of.' Mitsuko replied.

'That doesn't mean the feeling will go away.'

'What are you getting at?' Zheng Jiang stopped and turned to face Mitsuko in the eye. Mitsuko was surprised to see the once vengeful eyes turned to sorrow as she spoke.

'Acknowledge that the fear exists and its there for a reason. Then work on it and don't let it consume you.' Zheng Jiang stated before she turned to face forward.

'Now come on, the enemy still have heads that need to be detached.' She sprinted forwards towards the enemy palace, Mitsuko thought about her words for a second before she sprinted aswell, keeping up with her ally.