Chapter 57

Zang Ba and his exhausted forces fought valiantly against the traitorous curs inside the castle however the exhaustion from the previous battle against Cao Cao's forces took their toll despite their determination. Their movements and reactions simply couldn't match the fresh soldiers as they didn't get involved in the battle. The enemy quickly gets the upper hand of the battle, cutting down each loyal soldier under Zang Ba's retinue one by one. Though despite it all Zang Ba stood defiant, slaying any soldier that dared to stand in his way of his vengeance. After impaling his glaive in a grunts stomach he glanced around and found Wei Xu slaying another loyal soldier under his command. Rage began to consume him as he saw him kill wu Zi before he even had a chance to respond! He sprinted towards him while yelling, swinging his glaive from the right side surprising Wei Xu who managed to block the attack but barely. Zang Ba wasn't content with just letting Wei Xu and Song Xian get away with his treachery. He withdrew his weapon and quickly struck overhead. Wei Xu blocked the attack again and stared at Zang Ba.

'Look we didn't want to do this, but its what Shi Huan said. We just wanted to survive and if that means killing you then we'll take that sacrifice, we didn't make this decision lightly.'

'No you just made the wrong choice you traitorous bastard!' Zang Ba yelled as he pushed further into the deadlock, eventually knocking Wei Xu of his feet. He looked up at Zang Ba bewildered by his strength. Zang Ba plummets his glaive in the ground, though Wei Xu manages to roll away and quickly scrambled to his feet. Before he managed to pull up his glaive Wei Xu thrusted his glaive at Zang Ba. Though in a rare display of speed he sidestepped and caught the polearm shocking Wei Xu to the core. Zang Ba pulled the glaive closer to him, forcing Wei Xu to stagger forward only to receive a punch from Zang Ba in the jaw which made him stagger backwards while still wielding the weapon. As he spits out the blood forming inside his mouth Zang Ba picks up the weapons and charged towards him with a horizontal slash aiming for his neck. Wei Xu blocked the attack and entered a deadlock as they both pushed towards each other, neither one giving an inch to the other.

Mitsuko uses her left snake with the broad sword and stabs at Lu Bu numerous times as if she was a natural fencer. Lu Bu managed to block all of them despite the speed of Mitsuko's attacks. Only the clashing of steel can be heard in the throne room as the blades clash after clash. Lu Bu managed to deflect an attack to her left side, knocking the sword away. As he was about to thrust his spear Mitsuko's smirk only grew wider as she already had her crescent blade coming down from above. Lu Bu couldn't dodge in so he intercepted the attack with his sky piercer. As the crescent blade clashed with the immortalised halberd the left snake quickly righted itself as it hovers above Lu Bu and struck downwards. Lu Bu noticed the snake not a moment too soon as Lu Bu forced away the crescent blade and knock Mitsuko back with the end of her the halberd with the motion causing her stagger backwards while spinning around in a circle. Though he didn't realise how close the blade was before its trajectory changed when Mitsuko changed positions. The blade penetrates the ground in front of Lu Bu. Though he felt pain and liquid running down his hear. He touches it with his right hand and looks at it to realise it was blood. The sword completely sliced through the top of his ear.

Mitsuko can't help but demonically laugh at the bewildered yet frustrated look on his face before she straightened her left snake arm again, this time keeping it planted and using it to propel herself forwards towards him with her deadly crescent blade hovering above her like a guillotine. When she's close enough to Lu Bu she dropped it straight down causing Lu Bu to block the attack with the top of the crescent blade inches from his face as the pole arm blocked the blade at the neck of the blade right before hitting the bottom of the snakes jaw. The two warriors enter a deadlock before the blade is removed from the ground and pulled to wildly swing the sword at Lu Bu while he's pre-occupied. Lu Bu again glanced at the side to see the sword, he growled before pushing away taking a step back and letting go of his left hand, allowing Mitsuko's strength in her scythe to drop down to the ground. He had very little time to grab a hold onto it with his left hand as he pulled it to the right side while gripping very close to the blade.