Chapter 8

Mitsuko woke up surprisingly early as the sun was just started to shine outside the palace without being woken up by other people like her body adapted as if it was part of a normal routine to get up at this hour. Suddenly the door creaks opens revealing a maid bringing a bowl of rice with her as she sets it on the table. She smiles at Mitsuko seeing her still in bed.

'Good morning Mitsuko still late in getting up I see? Hehe you never change do you?' she giggled slightly as Mitsuko sat up rubbing her eyes as she didn't know what was happening. She decided to go with the flow.

'No not really I like the night you know?' This was true recently as Mitsuko often found herself stargazing every now and again and admired its beauty. It was quite odd considering she never felt this way before her little trip.

'I suppose so, I do think that the night is quite beautiful. Still you should consider enjoying the sun while its out. Oh also his highness requests your presence whenever you're ready.' She says as she bows her head. Mitsuko wonders why that is? Was it just a checkup or something?

'Did he say what he needed me for?'

'No he only said to meet with him when you are available.' She replies as she stands up.

'Oh and...I enjoyed our time last night I hope we can do it again some time.' She expressed her wishes as she was wearing a light red blush on her cheeks. She closed the door leaving sitting there in wonder.

'What the fuck is going on!?' She thought to herself as she starts to get up and eat her rice before donning her imperial uniform and picking up her scythe. She remembers walking to the room several times even though she knows for a fact she never did. When she walks she notices that there is way more people walking around than she saw yesterday. She notices that the symbols of the clothes were not the symbol of the emperor. She wondered why this is. As she's walking to the emperor's room she gets greeted by other people referring to her as 'my lady' most of the time which Mitsuko couldn't understand. They didn't even know her name yesterday and yet today everyone is greeting her. Not that she's complaining of course it's better than bullies taking her lunch money and being called names in the hallway.

She reached the emperors room guarded by two generic guards who let her in. She walks in the room to find the emperor on his knees in front of a shrine of sorts with the imperial crown on top. The room itself was what you would expect. Decorated with various luxuries and gold plated jewellery scattered around the room in the form of bracelets, necklaces and the like. She closed the door behind her as if to announce her presence as the emperor jumps in shock...almost as if he was afraid. He relaxes as he turned around and saw Mitsuko.

'Ahh Mitsuko you frightened me for a moment.' He breathes a sigh of relief.

'Sorry about that your highness.' She apologised as she kneels down one knee, her body has gotten used to doing this for those of high rank than her. She notices that his voice has gotten moderately deeper than the first time she met him.

'Don't worry about it. I guess you're wondering why I requested your presence aren't you?' She nods as she looks up. Her left eye turn to a crimson colour without her knowledge as she notices his face has been damaged slightly, his hair was a little messy like it had been pulled recently, his robes were slightly dirty and slightly covered with dust but only the top half and even then it was a straight horizontal line from one side to the other like he bent over a dusty surface like a table or something. Mitsuko's left eye returned to her normal bright emerald.

'Are you all right what happened!?' She questions as he chuckles to himself slightly.

'Is it that obvious? I see I still have some work to do.' He smiled a fake smile as he started to explain why he called her here.