Chapter 69

As the sun hits Mitsuko's face she slowly rubbed her eyes, only to have her fingers feel weird and they felt...scaly as they rubbed her eyes. As she opened her eyes she saw a pair of reptilian eyes that stared right back at her. Her snake arm hisses softly at her. She slowly but surely started to remember the events from last time as she sits up and looks at her two snake arms. She wondered why they haven't turned to her normal arms, she remembered the previous times when they emerged, after everything they would revert to her normal arms again. She stared at them and they right back at her, equally confused as to what's going on.

'Well...looks like I'm stuck with you eh?' Mitsuko whispered to her snakes who hisses joyfully at her and then to each other. Mitsuko couldn't help but smirk at their little antics. She didn't quite understand everything but it didn't feel bad. Maybe these snakes were just lighter now that she's grown a bit more accustomed to them or something. She didn't care enough to investigate further as she exits the tent to see a glorious sunrise over the sunrise as it peaks over the top of the distant forest. As Mitsuko takes a sit and lets the sun, bathe her in its rays as she closes her eyes. She took a deep breath and exhaled, taking in the fresh air for just a moment as she remembered last nights events. She processed the events slowly as she realised what she admitted to. What she did. Her bottom lip quivered as she anxiously thought to herself what's going to happen now with LingQi. Was she sincere? Was she going to leave now still? Not that she would blame her. But now she laid out her heart on the table she wasn't sure on how to proceed from here. The reality of the situation processed in her mind, she now has soldiers that look up to her. That need guidance, she can't just keep wondering around but what is she supposed to do? As she was thinking she heard footsteps behind her, she turned around to see Pang Tong standing there.

'Ha, I should've known you would've barely got up by now. Mind if I join you my lady? Looks like you have a good view.' Pang Tong chuckled, Mitsuko also chuckled slightly in response.

'Nah go on ahead.' Mitsuko responded as Pang Tong sat next to Mitsuko.

'Ahh, sometimes its good to just rest a little bit and just admire everything around you don't you think?'

'Yeah...' Mitsuko replied absentmindedly.

'Is something wrong my lady?' Pang Tong questioned.

'No, no its fine I was just thinking about stuff is all.' Mitsuko responded.

'Well, would you like to share? Much like a drink in a flask, it is good to keep it bottled but you have to let it out to drink it.' Pang Tong pulls out his flask and takes a sip of it while Mitsuko looks at him with confusion.

'What is that supposed to mean?'

'I don't know, I just read it in a scroll and thought it'd be useful.' Pang Tong chuckled as he took a sip.

'Of course, well last night with LingQi was...exhausting to be honest. Not in a bad way don't get me wrong, its just...there was a lot there you know. After last night...I feel better but I'm still not sure how I'm supposed to do all this. Before it was easier, Lu Bu pretty much was the man and I didn't have to worry about anything except leading them into battle. But now...here we all are. Marching to get an alliance with bandits to live, these people look to me to lead them all the way. And I just don't know what will happen next, I don't want what happened to Zang Ba and Wu Zi to happen to these under my banner, I guess. Though I have no idea about what I am supposed to do. Even with the Dodomeki, Gyuki and Diamondback. The only reason they follow me is just because of this Orochi that's supposed to be inside me somehow. How can I not...disappoint them you know?' Mitsuko admitted, she just had no clue about how to proceed.

'If that's all then I don't think that will be a problem.' Pang Tong states nonchalantly leaving Mitsuko confused.

'How so?'