|3| No Regrets III

The Expedition continued smoothly the other day. Although the sky seemed clear, Nathalie had heard Erwin pointing out that it was going to rain soon. She was making sure her horse was riding alongside her friends, keeping an eye on Isabel and Furlan mostly.

But then she heard the Commander's voice shouting "Titans sighted! Engage!"

Ah shit. She looked ahead. They were three. There was a fifteen-metre tall and two ten-foot ones. A few soldiers launched, hooking their ODMs on the flesh of the Titans and drawing themselves close. The taller titan grabbed one of them and tossed them in its mouth.

"I take the tall one. Nat, you take the ten-foot one, Isabel, you act as bait whilst Furlan takes out the other ten-foot. Let's go," Levi said as he watched the three titans approaching the four of them.

"Aye!" It came in unison and the four of them headed their separate ways and did exactly as their leader had asked. The Squad Leader's voice came from behind as he shouted.

"Are you guys trying to get eaten?!"

The four of them ignored him. Nathalie shot a hook over the ten-foot titan on her right whilst Isabel and Furlan headed for the other ten-foot titan on the left. Levi rushed on the larger one that stood in the middle. Nathalie pulled herself up coming close to its face. She unhooked and hooked herself back on its nape before she swiftly cut a large piece from the back of its neck. The blood sprayed on her face but started vaporising right away. She landed back on her horse that was waiting for her beneath only to meet the other three who came riding on their horses.

"Woo hoo! Did you see that?! Furlan and I just took out a titan on our own!" Isabel said excitedly.

Levi looked scared to death. Isabel had almost gotten eaten. "Y- You guys did great," He stuttered.

"You okay?" Nathalie asked raising an eyebrow, though she did have half a smile on her lips. It wasn't a frequent occasion to see Levi being scared.

"Never been better," Levi shot her a glare before he guided his horse towards the squad and the other three followed him from behind.

Just Erwin had mentioned before, it started raining no long after. The more time it passed, the thicker the rain got. Soon it was storming and a thick fog had started to cover their surroundings. They were heading back to Wall Maria. The Expedition was coming to its end and it was time they returned behind the walls.

Nathalie was more than relieved from the fact that they had made it out alive until now. But the fog was making it hard to be aware of their surroundings. Nathalie just nuzzled back in the hood of her green cloak as they rode through storm and the four of them made sure they'd stay close.

"We can use the rain and the fog to get close to Erwin," Levi said.

"No, wait! We can't see anything, Levi, we can't risk splitting. It's dangerous, we're still outside the walls," Nathalie tried to reason.

"And that's why I'll go alone. You stay with Furlan and Isabel, make sure they're safe," Levi said.

"Wait, Levi! Let's wait till the rain stops!"

"Bro! Maybe Nathalie's right!"

Nathalie knew that no matter how much they tried, they weren't going to change his mind, so her fingers tightened around the reins of her horse and she led it towards him. She was intending to block his way but she never got there in time. Levi was gone with no further argument. '...make sure they're safe' Nathalie sighed heavily as she guided her horse back with the other two. They both seemed worried and they undoubtedly spouted a couple of curses beneath their breaths.