|67| Guilty Pleasure

This chapter's my favourite so far, you guys prepare tissues or prepare to be utterly frustrated 🤣🤣

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next two weeks passed in almost a blink of an eye. It was almost every night that he’d fuck her brains out. Not to mention that whenever they had the time, he’d take her rough on his desk, and then she’d have to limp embarrassingly her way back to the labs. Nathalie had no idea why he was being like this, but she’d never really complain. He knew exactly how to make her so damn desperate. He knew exactly how to make her beg, and bruise her knees for him.

The only thing she’d complain about was the exhaustion, and how wasted she’d feel by the end of the day. But he’d take good care of her. Almost every night he’d carry her to bed. He’d come to pick her up from the basement labs beneath the Royal Palace when she’d finish her work. He made sure she would eat and drink enough water. He’d make her tea almost every afternoon. He’d hold her every night.

But what frustrated her the most, was the three pregnancy tests that he had forced her to take those two weeks. Was he all that impatient to have a baby? She knew he wanted it. She knew she wanted it too, and her heart was so soft for him for how much he wanted it, and how much he loved her and he showed it to her every day, every night, every second. But her mind screamed at her: Is that really love?

She wasn’t stupid. Nathalie Burgess was anything but stupid. She was too oblivious and too much blinded by her feelings to even stop him from milking her insides and leaving her exhausted and wasted. A sweaty, tired, marked mess. Wearing a scarf had become a habit lately. She didn’t know whether she should be frustrated or just let it all slide. Pretend that nothing out of the ordinary was happening.

She couldn’t do that. Nathalie was never one to pretend everything was alright, and hide away from her problems. She would always face them. She’d never run.

Nathalie mounted her horse and urged it to start moving towards the street that would take her back to the Interior. She was once again leaving the hospital from the fourth negative pregnancy test, which was a relief, but it was odd as well, considering how many times he had fucked her the past few days. Her hand found her belly. She couldn’t tell what was wrong, and she didn’t have the time to look into that either.

She just had to rush back to the basement labs and continue finishing the hardening serum. That’s right. It was a vital part in Erwin’s plan and she’d be damned if she didn’t figure this out. She remembered it clearly. That bottle had the writing Armour outside, and with that very liquid, she had injected Eren, back in that cavern beneath the Reiss Chapel, and after that, Eren was able to harden his titan skin.

After lots of research on a prisoner that they had turned into a titan and experimented on him, she realised, that unintelligent titans could harden their skin too. But that could only happen if she injected them with that all too familiar protein that she had found in Eren’s TSF.

Nathalie, Hange, Moblit, and the scientists from Hange’s Squad, worked on the hardening serum for days, but thankfully, it worked in the end. Erwin’s plan was going to go smoothly. Nathalie was too occupied with all these. She dove right into sweet, sweet science, and she almost never had the time to sit Levi down and ask him about what the hell it was that he was having in mind.

It was Friday night now, and Nathalie heard her husband’s familiar footsteps as he made his way into the basement labs. He was there to take her back home. They had two days to rest. The mission was to start on Monday morning, and it was Erwin’s order for all soldiers and troops and squads, and squad leaders, to rest all they could in the weekend before the mission.