|41| Old Affiliations

“Try not to walk clustered together. We’ll stand out. Eren and Historia, just act normal,” Levi instructed.

The streets of Trost were busy and crowded. The plan was going smoothly for now. People would be showing up to abduct Eren, Historia and Nathalie any moment now. Or at least, Jean, Armin, and Nathalie. It was annoying for both. Jean acting to be the guy that he hated and rivalled almost all the time, and Armin acting to be a girl. His blonde hair and bright blue eyes helped perfectly. Nathalie had to lend him one of her skirts and shirts since Mikasa’s and Sasha’s were too big for him to wear. Nathalie could easily sew them in his size, but she didn’t have the proper equipment and neither the time at the moment.

The three from Hange’s Squad had taken upon themselves to guide Eren and Historia to safety in a carriage that covered them and helped them slip through at the moment. Nathalie was wearing her hood, even though she knew they’d still recognise her and abduct her. But that was in the plan.

“Why’s the royal flag hanging everywhere?” Connie asked.

“Today must be the anniversary of the King’s coronation. Once a year they hand out extra rations to celebrate it,” Sasha answered.

“Huh,”

“All that food and he’s just giving it away?” Mikasa asked surprised.

“It’s not as if he needs it all. He’s here to control people when they’re not starving,” Levi answered.

“You’ve no idea on what lengths people can go to achieve power,” Nathalie said.

The seven of them continued walking down the street until Levi suddenly stopped. No matter how far, he had learned to recognise well the sound of a carriage as it approached. He could tell Nathalie had heard it too. Maybe her abductors were going to show up after all. Nathalie wasn’t wearing her ODM. She was wearing a casual grey skirt with a white shirt on top, but she had daggers in places no one would be able to spot them in. It almost reminded her of back then, when she, Levi, Isabel and Furlan would get in lots of kinds of trouble in the Underground.

“Behind us! Look out!” Levi cried out, urging the kids to stand out of the carriage’s way and into safety.

There were three men on the carriage. One grabbed Armin, the other, Jean, and the other, Nathalie. Nathalie just looked over at Jean and Armin, making sure the two were safe and she allowed the man to tie her hands behind her back. Patience. She reminded herself. She trusted Levi’s plans. She always did.

•═❉═•⊱◄◊۞◊►⊰•═❉═•

Now they were tied in chairs in an old abandoned warehouse they were hiding in. The ropes were uncomfortably tight around Nathalie’s hands as she watched one of the men who had abducted them approaching them. He was supposed to keep an eye on them. Those men seemed like total amateurs. They hadn’t even searched them for guns or knives or daggers. They had them tied in ropes. Professionals would tie them in chains. Not to mention, that she could easily reach for her dagger beneath her shirt on her back. Nathalie was willing to bet they had been hired by someone else. But who? She had no idea at this point.

Still, she couldn’t stand to watch the guy playing with Armin’s fake tits. Both Armin and Jean were tense. They hated this. She couldn’t let their cover be blown either. Nathalie raised an eyebrow.

“Hey, bald guy,” Nathalie drew the middle-aged man’s attention. “How about you stopped touching the little girl and won’t you come over here to get some real action?”

Jean shot Nathalie a look. He was shaking his head telling her no. He didn’t want that guy to start touching her. Nathalie just returned a reassuring look, to help him somewhat calm down. But he didn’t.