|113| Erwin's Plan

He could tell she was not sleeping. She was clutching onto him so tight the entirety of that night. Her face nuzzled in his chest. Her nose tickled his neck and her eyes were shut tight. Her fingers were clenched around his white sweatshirt and his arm was beginning to grow numb from having her body resting on top of it for too long. He didn't mind though. Levi held her tight just like she knew she wanted him to. He wasn't going to let go and he didn't want to.

He had missed so much the weight of her head on his chest. Her arm that was so tightly thrown around his belly and her warm breaths that brushed down his neck. Her breathing hadn't settled down into a rhythmical one just yet and it didn't at all that night. His Nathalie wasn't sleeping no matter how tight he held her and no matter how needily her body was clinging onto his own.

She couldn't sleep, and he couldn't blame her. He couldn't sleep either. He hated the sight of her being like this. She had cried so many times the past day. She was holding him so tight as if she thought he was going to disappear. She'd break down every now and then and he'd whisper sweet words of reassurance to her ear, and caress her back and her hair till her sobs would die down. He hated it. He hated watching her suffering like this. But he could do nothing but be there. He didn't mind being there. He loved how much she needed him and how much she showed it. But not like this.

This terrified him. It saddened him beyond measure and he had no idea what to do. All he could do was hold her and be there for her because now she needed him more than ever. All he wanted to do was bring those people who had done these to her back from the dead and then kill them again slowly, deliberately, with every single painful way that he could think of and -mind you- he had lots of painful ideas that he could use on them.

Alas, he had killed them all. Quick and not so painful deaths and he regretted doing it all so fast, but he was so, so angry that night.

"I've been General Nathalie Burgess for three years now. It's the one who tried to kill you and Jean and Hange. The one who used to fuck Zeke for fun and kill and torture people just because she extracted so much satisfaction from things so sick as these,"

So, she really had fucked this bastard. But he knew it wasn't her. His Nathalie would never get this close to the bastard who had tried to wipe out the entirety of the Scout Regiment. She would have never made a move on anybody so long as she was married. Alas, they had messed with her head. They had made her forget everything about her life. The one who had gotten this close to that man was General Burgess like she had said. It was the woman who had tried to kill him, Jean and Hange. They had messed with her head so much that she was no longer herself anymore. She had become a monster. They had made her one.

But now she was back. Now he was holding his Nathalie. The one who would only let him and him alone touch her like this -at least, willingly. Her family had brought her back to him and he would forever be grateful for that. She had let him unclothe her no matter how much her hands trembled, and no matter how much she winced and flinched beneath every single touch that he made on her skin.

They had both been exposed beneath the warm stream of water of his shower and he touched her entire body with the sponge and soap. And she was shaking and struggling, and keeping her eyes shut and her arms tightly wrapped around him. He had caught her chin and he had urged her to look up at him and he looked like a god shielding her from beneath the streaming warm water. His raven hair, soaked and messy, and landing on his forehead, and his lips had parted to tell her that she no longer had to be afraid. That he had her. That he was going to protect her. And then she nodded shakily and offered to soap his own body. And he had to grit his teeth and hold back his desires because he couldn't have her this way after everything she'd been through. At least not yet. He had to be patient, and he was okay with it.