|31| Rescue Mission II

“Reiner’s too slow! We’ve got him!” Jean cried out.

Berthold and Eren were now protected beneath the Armoured Titan’s hands wrapped around its own neck. It was vulnerable. Reiner couldn’t use his hands. He had to protect Berthold and Eren. Though, Ymir handled of protecting Historia. Levi knew exactly what to do.

“Nathalie!” Levi drew her attention and she turned and looked at him. He gave her that look. One of the many that she had learned to recognise. She immediately understood what he had in mind. Nathalie turned around and looked at her kids.

“Reiner and Berthold were your comrades, correct?” Nathalie started. “I understand you all feel betrayed and have a hell of a lot to tell those two. So, go for it,”

Jean’s eyes widened. “For real?!”

“Yes. Go up there. Distract them. Hit them in the feelings where it hurts the most,” Nathalie said.

She knew for a fact that if Connie, Sasha, Jean, Mikasa and Armin went up there and started talking to the two, it would throw their guard down. And for as long as the Armoured Titan could not fend for himself, then she and Levi could handle all the cutting. Sure, the hardened skin all around its body was a thick armour that their blades couldn’t penetrate, but there was still lots of skin that wasn’t covered. All the red parts were small but everywhere and Nathalie was willing to bet they were the same as normal titan skin. If not thinner.

“Go,” Levi ordered. “Nathalie, you get back Historia. Mikasa, you’ll grab Eren when I’ll give you the chance,”

“Yes, sir!”

The kids hooked themselves on top of the Armoured Titan and did as they were asked. Levi and Nathalie reached with their horses right beneath the Armoured Titans legs. The loud thudding of the beast’s footsteps hit hard around them. The two stayed in the middle. Levi looked up trying to spot all of the weak spots. It was the back of the legs, the groin. The armpits. Some parts on its back. Levi took a moment of staring up and figuring out how to move.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to help you cut off Reiner?” Nathalie asked as she drew her blades.

“No,” Levi said and he turned and looked at her. “Once this son of a bitch is cut into pieces, the ugly bitch will try to grab him and escape. She’s small and short. She moves fast but Historia is her weakness. You’re sure you can handle chopping her limbs off?” He asked.

Nathalie smirked. “With pleasure, Captain. I’ve had the best teacher around,” She tucked her glasses further up her nose before she hooked herself on the back of the Armoured Titan and then on top of Ymir’s head.

Levi watched her as she flew up and he tried his best to hold back a smirk. He never questioned Nathalie’s abilities. Of all the brats he’d ever trained, Nathalie was the only one to catch up too fast. But especially after what happened two nights ago, fighting titans with daggers. He tsk-ed. What a fucking insane woman.

He hooked himself on the back of the Armoured Titan’s leg. It wasn’t covered in hardening, and he started chopping the knee off. Once he was done with one leg, he went for the other. And then, he hooked himself on its back. He cut, and cut, and cut like a maniac. That thing had started all that chaos back in Shiganshina, but Levi didn’t give a damn. That thing was friends with Annie, right? And that bitch had wiped out his and Nathalie’s squad. That bitch had killed his kids.