|47| Eren's and Historia's Rescue

“Found it. A hidden door. Historia and Eren should be inside. Hopefully the layout’s close to what I predicted,” Hange said.

“These presents better pay off, considering the time we spent prepping them,” Levi said.

They had finally reached the chapel and after only a few minutes of searching, they finally found the hidden passage that led beneath. Hange and Moblit had made a small research regarding the Reiss Family. That family had been instantly wiped out after pirates attacked the chapel a few years back and the only one who survived was Historia’s father, Rod Reiss. The story had a couple of holes according to Hange and Moblit and since Rod Reiss hasn’t been sighted in the capital, neither the official Reiss estate for the last couple of days, the next most convenient place was this.

“Okay, we should be ready to go now,” Armin said after he finished tying the gas tanks onto the barrels.

“Good job, Armin,” Nathalie stroked the boy’s hair.

“Alright then,” Levi turned at his and Hange’s squad. “Is everyone here ready? Cause you’re all about to dirty your hands,”

No answer came from the kids and Nathalie wasn’t expecting for one to come anyway. That moment was inevitable to come. Killing people was inevitable in this cruel world.

“I take it that’s a yes,”

•═❉═•⊱◄◊۞◊►⊰•═❉═•

Levi kicked the door open and the kids sent the three barrels rolling down the stairs. Sasha shot fiery arrows to the explosives that blew up right away. The oil in those barrels was going to make a decent cover of black smoke. Not to mention, that Hange had also suggested they use smoke signals.

Levi and Nathalie went out first, using as little of their gas as they could, they started counting how many of Kenny’s soldiers were standing around the crystalised pillars. Hange had predicted it correctly. It was all made out of hardened titan skin.

“Seventeen on my side,” Nathalie informed him.

Levi gritted his teeth. “Thirty-five total!” He informed the kids who were still on the stairs, shooting smoke signals to cover them. “They’re in the upper parts of the pillars! We’ll take them all out right here!”

Connie, Jean, Mikasa, Hange and Moblit with their squad switched on ODM right away. Armin, Sasha and two members of Hange’s squad took care of shooting the smoke signals and covering the others. Armin was right. Nathalie was very much impressed with the kid’s ingenuity. Soldiers using anti-personnel ODM gear were greatly vulnerable to an attack from behind.

Nathalie snuck behind a soldier and slit his throat. The pillars around were making it easy to use ODM and maneuver around. She flew towards another one, slicing his throat the same. The smoke signals were covering them just fine. She watched as Jean and Connie made their first kills. Nathalie knew it sounded weird, but she was proud of them. They had finally learned how to kill. Not a particularly great thing, but important and useful for such a world.

Nathalie took out another one that was coming towards Hange. Moblit took out the other that came for Hange as well. Hange sliced the throat of the guy that had her occupied, and she turned at Nathalie and Moblit. “Thanks, you two!”

“No problem, Section Commander,” Nathalie gave Hange a salute. She looked at Moblit. “Take care of her for me,”

“Sure thing, Lieutenant,” Moblit nodded.

Nathalie maneuvered towards the front where she knew she’d find Mikasa and Levi. She killed a few more on her way. She saw Levi taking out three at once, but three more were coming for him. She sent a hook towards the one. She stabbed him right in the stomach as she drew herself close. She cut the other one in half with her swords. Those blades were made for slicing titan skin. Cutting people in half was more than easy with such blades.