|104| Monster

There were three subjects that those incompetent idiots would always discuss. First, how the power of the titans was no longer enough to fight modern technology. Second, how the alliance of the enemy nations was literally kicking their asses, and third, how incompetent the Eldian recruits were.

And, of course, they were. Marley was running out of soldiers to fight their useless wars, and they were forced to draft Eldian men who had received absolutely no military training. There was no way they could win this war if those Admirals, and Generals, and Commanders continued being so goddamn stupid.

“…what say you, General Burgess? You’ve been awfully quiet the past hour,” General Klaus turned at the only woman in the room.

She clicked her tongue and she stopped playing with her favourite dagger. With a swift move, she tossed the dagger at a specific spot on the large map that they had hanging by the opposite wall. “We attack Fort Slava at dawn,” She announced them before she stood up and headed for the door.

“U- Uh, w- wait! General! All enemy forces are gathered there, there’s no way we can-”

“General Klaus, that is exactly why we need to attack Fort Slava,” Nathalie cut him. “We’ll use -what you so call useless- titan powers. We’ll toss Eldians on top of the Fort from above on an airplane. War Chief Zeke Yeager can use his scream to transform them anytime. We’ll have Braun there too. Zeke will be our sword, and Braun will be our shield,”

“And what about the navy fleet?” Commander Magath asked. “Or their forces on the ground? We don’t have enough soldiers for that!”

“An Enhanced Squad is enough to wipe them out on their own,” She chuckled. “We still got eight hundred Eldians willing to die for Marley. And not to mention we’ll bring our warrior units to the fight, of course,” Nathalie said dryly.

Commander Magath’s eyes widened. “B- But they’re just-”

“They’re not children!” Nathalie growled. “They are highly trained Eldian Devils and their one and only purpose is to fight for Marley,” Nathalie stood behind Commander Magath’s chair. Long, black piercing nails caught his chin urging him to turn and look at her. Terrifying red eyes met his own and she could almost feel the man trembling. “Unless you’re growing soft for them. Will I have to honorarily discharge you, Commander Magath?”

The man did not talk for a moment. He tried his best to look away from that woman’s eyes. “N- No! No. I’ll let them know,”

“What about the navy fleet?”

Nathalie let go of him and she approached the wall. She drew her dagger from the map stuffing it back beneath her sleeve. A wicked smile graced her lips. “I’ll deal with that myself,”

•═❉═•⊱◄◊۞◊►⊰•═❉═•

Everything was just so frustrating. That damn office she was given. That damn paperwork that she had to take care off. That damn job. She was a General. A high position amongst their ranks. No woman had ever held that position in the Military of Marley. The only reason she was there was because she was an Enhanced Burgess. The only one. A hybrid of Ackerman strength and Burgess intelligence. She happened to be a woman, her beloved uncle’s pride and joy, and after her plans and her strategy brought so many victories in their useless wars, she became a General that everybody feared and everybody obeyed without question.

But she wasn’t a woman like the other women. They expected her to wear skirts that would complement her curves. Fucking assholes. She had those very same black trousers at least ten times in her closet. She had that very same black buttoned shirt at least ten more. Nobody dared touch her. She had made the example that she’d cut their fingers off so many times before.