|110| Vengeance

Alarms resounded. A loud and piercing repeated sound. The lights switched to a dark red and suddenly it was dark to see. He recognised the protocol of the building’s current state. Somebody had breached. An enemy. But who? Could it be spies from the enemy alliances? Everything he had in this base were precious test subjects and precious chemicals and techniques that the world had yet to see. Malcolm would not be surprised if the spies had finally decided to make their move and steal his precious discoveries.

Alas, no other government was going to ever fund such a research. Marley’s thirst for dominance over the globe was exactly what started this war anyway. It earned him respect and money and reputation and all he had to do was feed Marley’s greed and in return Marley gave him the chance to experiment on magnificent test subjects and make a research unlike any other.

No. If someone could break into this base, they weren’t normal.

The shrieks of his fellow scientists were what made him flinch in his place beneath his precious large lab counter. A man grabbed him by the shirt. Strong arms lifted him up from beneath his lab counter and held him in the air as if he weighed nothing. He looked down at the man who was holding him so tight with that furious look on his face that he instantly recognised. The deadly look of an Ackerman.

Malcolm laughed as he caught the man’s hands that were both clutching on his shirt. “An Ackerman! Yes! An Ackerman!” He said excitedly, completely ignoring the fact that he was the prey, and the man holding him was the predator ready to cut off his limbs one by one in the vilest, most painful ways he could think of. Malcom was absolutely certain he had a syringe there somewhere, on the counter behind him. His arm searched for it maniacally. “A sample! All I need is a small, little, tiny drop of blood! Yes…! Yes! A sample!”

Levi clicked his tongue. “You’ll get nothing from me,”

He growled as he tossed the overweight man to the other wall. Guards would be rushing there soon, but he couldn’t care the least about that. The man was slammed against the wall and landed down on the floor. He stood back up right away and tried to run, but a dagger found his palm and pinned it on the wall. The man screamed in pain.

“I’ll make it fast and clear,” Levi grabbed another dagger from his outfit and approached the man with heavy footsteps. He grabbed the man by those greying black hair and slammed his head against the wall. Levi stabbed his other dagger on the man’s shoulder, pinning him on the wall, and the man cried out again. Oh- but Levi was going to be generous today and he was going to use all the daggers he had gathered from the HQ.

Malcolm chuckled, ignoring his bleeding palm, and his bleeding shoulder. A fist landed on his face. Head fell on the side but Levi grabbed him by the shirt again and punched him again, and again. His knee found his stomach with a harsh strike that left him breathless. Levi grabbed his other hand and grabbed another dagger from his belt.

He pressed the sharp blade against the man’s thumb. “One finger for a wrong answer. I’m going to cut all ten of your fingers, and then I’ll head for the eyes, the teeth, the ears. You won’t need any of them by the time I send you to hell,”

“Perfect… such a perfect specimen you could be-”

The man shrieked in pain when Levi cut off his thumb. “Now. I need a folder with all the details of the experiments you’ve conducted on Dr. Nathalie Ackerman,”

Malcolm chuckled. “Ackerman? You’re Levi Ackerman, her husband, aren’t you? I see now… this is how I mistook her to be an Ackerman and took her in. Though, I have no right to complain… she has been such an obedient little rat. There’s not many chances for a Burgess to experiment on another Burgess,”