|57| Queen Historia's Coronation III

And after the coronation was carried out, and the whole world cheered for their new Queen, the kids hurried right away to meet Historia back in the palace. Nathalie couldn’t help it. She had to go there too. Levi nodded and joined her before the both of them set off to catch up to their brats. They found Historia inside. She had finally taken off the heavy silky clothes. She had untied the heavy bun and she had taken the crown off her head. Her golden hair, finally set loose.

When Levi and Nathalie got there, Historia was walking in full confidence towards their direction whilst the kids followed her from behind. She heard Eren’s voice asking surprised.

“Wait! You’re actually doing it?! For real?!”

“Yeah, I am,” Historia said determinedly.

“C’mon! It was just a joke!” Eren said and then he turned at Mikasa. “Right, Mikasa?”

“After you’ve smacked him, you should tell him this: I dare you to hit me back,” Mikasa said.

“Real helpful,” Eren said sarcastically.

Everybody was smiling and Nathalie with Levi had almost caught the entire conversation as they waited for their brats to reach them.

“It’s not a serious grudge, let it go!” Eren said worriedly. Of course, he’d be worried. After getting so thoroughly beaten by Levi, and so many times.

“If I can’t even do this, then how can I call myself a Queen?” Historia asked.

“That’s the spirit,” Jean smirked. “Pound that rant!”

They finally reached Levi and Nathalie who were both standing at the end of the hall. Levi’s hands were tucked in the pockets of his green, Survey Corps trench coat. Nathalie was wearing one of her own. But just seeing Levi, and that dead serious, frightening look on his face that scared everyone, it made Historia hesitate. Nathalie remembered it clearly. “Once you’re Queen, you can punch that smug rat right in the face,” Mikasa’s words from before the fight with Rod Reiss’s titan. And of course, Levi had heard it too.

Historia let out a large cry, as she finally mustered the courage to do it. She launched her attack towards her former Captain, and she punched him with all the strength that she had right on his hand. Of course, Historia’s punch did him nothing, but Nathalie started laughing.

“That’s my girl!”

The serious look on Levi’s face scared everyone. And the fact that he didn’t say anything, it scared them even more. But Nathalie snuck behind Historia and she passed her hands around the girl in a hug from behind. Historia’s one hand found Nathalie’s and the other pointed at Levi.

“Did that hurt?! Well too bad, cause I’m Queen now!” Historia cried out. “And as your Queen, I promise you: if you ever hurt Nat, I will personally make sure that you’re beheaded…”

“Hell yeah!” Connie cried out and Nathalie’s eyes widened. Oh dear.

“…so, if you have a problem-”

But then something cut her. Levi laughed. Levi… laughed. Those two words should be never put into the same sentence. But this time… Levi laughed. Nathalie’s eyes widened and the kids gasped in surprise and they took a step back. That was even more terrifying than having him beating them up.

Aw, but Levi would never do that. They were his brats. He’d give his life for them. He’d give it all. And now, he gave them a smile. The largest smile that Nathalie had ever seen on his lips. She literally wanted to pull him into a tight hug and squeeze him to death.

“Thanks, you guys,” He said. “I needed that,”

“Aww, sweetie,” Nathalie approached him, placing a hand on her husband’s chest. “If you needed a punch and a threat on your life to give us such smile, you only had to ask,” She said teasingly. Levi’s smile turned into a frown. He shot her a glare and the kids started laughing.