|132| The Warriors

"You people are less primitive than I thought," Porco looked around him at the empty streets of Trost. It was late in the night when they arrived, but there was no doubt that Commander Erwin and every other superior within the Survey Corps HQ was wide-awake right now.

Connie rolled his eyes and Jean groaned. "Hey!" Sasha cried out offendedly. "You've no idea how much effort it took to get used to electricity!"

Reiner looked around him and he could barely recognise the place. The roads had a beautiful dark pavement for whoever could use a car, or a truck for transferring cargo. There were carriages with horses, waiting for somebody to take somewhere. There were streetlights. They weren't oil lamps like they used to be. They had lamps that used electricity. It seemed like Paradis had moved over a century of technological and scientifical advance in just four years.

"It's amazing," Reiner admitted.

"So you guys really were primitive," Pieck arched an eyebrow as all of them followed Jean who opened the door into the HQ.

"We just rescued your asses from being executed, and you keep calling us primitive?!" Marlowe's eyebrow twitched in anger as he watched Porco's arm being tightly around Hitch's waist.

"Relax, man, we can still shift any moment, don't you forget," Porco arched an eyebrow as he turned and looked at Marlowe with that smug smirk and Marlowe just about exploded.

"Aww, you'd never do that, baby, would you?" Hitch turned at Porco taking a few steps towards him till his back met the wall of the hall they were currently working in. Her fingers reached delicately for his tie, tugging him a little closer as the tip of her nose almost met his own and his breath brushed down her lips. Her shirt was still slightly unbuttoned and his eyes slipped down on the perfect view.

"I'd never do it, babe, don't you worry," Porco looked down with a smirk and she chuckled putting his nose with a finger as if he was a puppy before she started walking again

"Good boy,"

Porco chuckled as he watched her ass bouncing deliciously as she walked ahead. That woman was such a fucking tease. Porco received a harsh strike on his stomach from Marlowe's elbow.

"Stop staring at my girlfriend and keep moving," Marlowe growled urging him to start moving again and Porco turned and looked at the man.

"She's your girlfriend?!" Porco cried out surprised. He switched his gaze back and forth at Hitch and Marlowe trying to believe it. "You mean to say that this hot as fuck chick is going out WITH A GUY IN A BULL-CUT?!"

Sasha started laughing only for Connie to elbow her hard on her stomach to stop. Marlowe parted his lips to throw something utterly rude to the man's way, but Connie spoke first thankfully. He passed an arm around Marlowe's shoulders, trying to ease his anger.

"Oh c'mon," Connie smiled awkwardly. "What's so bad about a bull-cut?"

"Everything," Porco laughed amusingly.

"Cut the chit-chat," Jean drew their attention. Him, Pieck and Reiner had been walking ahead. "We're here," He stopped in front of the door and he knocked. "Commanding Officer Jean Kirstein, we brought the Warriors, sir!"

"Come in,"

Jean opened the door and they let the three Warriors in first. Erwin's desk was filled with papers and reports. There were countless of maps hanging everywhere on the walls, and Armin was standing in front of the green board, with a piece of chalk on his hand. His white sleeves, folded up on his elbows and Annie was there handing him a cup of tea. Armin gave her a smile mumbling a soft thank you and she nodded at him.