|30| Rescue Mission I

Nathalie explained it all with as much detail as she could. She told them about the abnormal that could talk. That it could order around titans just like the Female Titan, and that it was searching for information regarding the ODM gear. It was undoubtable that there was a person inside it stirring it. Hange supported that theory as well and as always, Erwin trusted their instincts. Still, there had been no breach on Wall Rose, and how titans showed up was still a mystery. Nathalie told them her theory about the people of Connie’s village turning into titans, but Erwin promised they’d further research on it after the rescue mission.

Hange said that Eren had put up quite the fight on Reiner and Berthold. She said they’d need at least a day to recover before escaping away, and the safest place to recover outside of Wall Rose, was on top of the branches of trees. There was a nearby forest outside of Wall Rose. The MPs had offered to help. They would be joining them in the rescue mission that had finally arrived two days later.

Nathalie’s wound had slowly started recovering and she had tried her best to convince Levi to let her come with them. She was once again going to be the Captain of the 104th. Levi had objected, but then Erwin requested that he stick by her side through the entire mission, so he drew back the objection.

Still, Nathalie made sure she had a very tight and protective bandage around her waist, that would make sure the wound wouldn’t open up, and it would protect it. She winced a couple of times as she stood in front of the large mirror whilst trying to tie that bandage around her. She was wearing her pants and her bra. She just had to tie her wound, and put her shirt on.

“Tsk,”

That was undoubtedly Levi staring at her in utter disappointment. He had that why the fuck are you even coming look. He pressed half his weight against the entrance of her room. They had been staying in the Survey Corp HQ after leaving the hospital, and her room was just next to his.

She turned and looked at him. Heat engulfed her cheeks. Sure, most of her body was covered but… still. She had never been exposed/naked in front of anybody but herself. She was too shy for that kind of crap. “W- What are you doing here?! I’m getting dressed-”

“Relax,” Levi cut her as he grabbed the bandage from her hands and started tying it around her waist for her.

He had heard her muffled winces and hisses from the hall. He stood behind her and stared at her flustered face through the mirror. Her hair were still as messy as always, barely touching her shoulders, as a few strands fell on her forehead. Her hand reached up and pushed them behind her ear. Her eyes met his own for a short moment, but he could tell she was trying to avoid him. So shy. If anything, he found it intriguing. But he wouldn’t dare say it. She’d smack him across the face if he tried.

Nathalie was stubborn, and daring. She had guts, and when everybody was scared of him, she wouldn’t miss the chance to throw something stupid that always aimed to get on his nerves. He always liked that about her.

But another -most important- thing that he loved about her was that she was shorter than him. Only a couple of centimetres -that nobody would be able to notice- but that was still something. Once he finished, she tried to walk away, but his hands were still tight around her. Her back pressed against his chest and his hands grabbed hold around her bandaged waist. Her cheeks got redder than they already were. Damn him. What the hell was he trying to achieve by keeping her trapped against him like that?!