|79| One Final Order to Obey

They were given the next ten days to rest. They did nothing but rest. Nathalie would wake up in Levi’s arms every morning. She’d hold him tight and kiss him all over. He’d take her every night, every morning. Every day. She’d let him. She didn’t care. She didn’t worry about getting pregnant. She wanted to. He wanted it too. He loved her so much. She loved him so much. They spent every single second of that free time together or with their brats.

Levi hadn’t stopped being possessive and overprotective, but true to his word, Nathalie got her horse back. She could ride to the interior or wherever else whenever she wanted. She would reach out for him to consult him on decisions, but he’d always remind her that she no longer needed his permission to do anything anymore. Of course, he still tried to stop her from doing that one thing that endangered her life. Alas, he didn’t know that memories were coming to her randomly. She was going to keep it a secret for now.

But things were better now. He really had changed and she never thought he could. He had surprised her. But she shouldn’t be surprised. I’d do anything for you he had told her that day in the hospital in Trost. The day he had confessed to her he loved her. He would change it all for her. Himself. His habits. He’d tone down and hide feelings that she didn’t have to know about. He wanted to make her happy. And she was.

Nathalie had never been happier. She had a large smile on her lips as she walked down the corridor that led to the quarters of her kids. She had made them a cake. As much as alluring staying in bed all day sounded, she still had to get up and do something. Nathalie could never stand idle and do nothing for too many hours. Levi couldn’t either.

Jean and Connie were keeping Sasha company whilst she was still bedridden. Nathalie walked in Sasha’s room and the two boys jumped on their feet and they approached the tray that Nathalie had been holding. Connie’s eyes widened.

“Is this what I think it is?!” Sasha cried out, still wounded and unable to get off the bed, but her nose still twitched at the familiar smell.

Connie pointed down on a specific slice. “Why’s that slice bigger?!”

Nathalie raised an eyebrow. “That slice is Sasha’s,”

“You’re kidding?!” Jean cried out. “WHY’S IT BIGGER?!”

“Because Sasha suffered a major hit and she needs all the strength she can get,” Nathalie said and Jean groaned.

“What about me?!” Jean cried out. “I got a broken arm!”

“Not fair, Nat! Not fair!” Connie shook his head in disappointment as the two reached for two plates with their own slices on top.

Nathalie laughed. “Relax, there’s plenty more in the kitchen,” She said before she approached Sasha. She placed the tray down on the wooden table and she sat beside Sasha on the bed. Sasha growled as she launched forward. She could’ve caught the white dish between her teeth, but Nathalie pulled it away just in time. Nathalie caught a fork. “No worries. The slice isn’t going anywhere. Besides, if you stuff it right down it might bring you a stomach ache. Let me feed you, darling,”

Connie’s eyes widened and Jean started giggling like an idiot. “Y- You know, Nat, I- I can’t properly eat either! I’ve got a broken arm!”

“Y- Yeah! I can’t eat either, you see, I broke a finger,” Connie pulled out the pinkie of his left arm which had a fat bandage tied around it.

Nathalie laughed. There was no way she could say no to these kids. She put a large cube of the cake into Sasha’s mouth with the fork. “Alright, alright, I’ll feed you all, just give me a second to-” Nathalie stopped talking when she realised the fork was missing from her hand. She turned at Sasha only to see her ready to swallow down the fork. “Oh dear!” Nathalie’s eyes widened as she pulled the fork out of Sasha’s mouth right away.