|139| Turmoil

Zeke was knocked against a tree. His back hit hard on the rough surface and his breath was knocked out of his lungs. He coughed a couple of times. Levi's side-kick on his chest was far too rough. He could tell that man had almost broken a rib of his, or two. Levi had that lethal look on his face. The one of pure range as he drew out his swords and threw one in front of Nathalie urging her to stand behind him. How dare this bastard touch his Nathalie whilst she had asked him not to? But no, it wasn't just that, was it? His Nathalie had kissed him back, hadn't she? Levi did not want to believe that. She'd never do that. His Nathalie would never do that, right? Right?! He had heard her asking him to get off of her. He had heard Nathalie trying to pull that bastard away from her.

"She asked you to get off of her," Levi growled as he approached the man with heavy footsteps and his swords, tightly gripped between his fingers as he struggled to face his own maddening reality in that moment. "Are you fucking deaf?"

"Off to her rescue, huh?" Zeke caught his breath and urged himself to stand back up straight, locking eyes with him. "I wouldn't blame you though. I would have done the same," He pressed a hand down on his knee and he stood back up on his two feet. "I guess, the only difference between you and me, is that I would never force her into she something she doesn't want,"

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Levi snarled. He scoffed in disbelief. What the hell was Zeke trying to imply? That he had forced her? That he had forced her to resign even though she had the papers ready to be delivered to Erwin. Did she not want to resign? Did she not want him to love her as a husband should? He turned and looked at Nathalie as she looked back at him with that fear in her eyes. A terror, unlike anything he'd ever seen. "I... I never forced her to do anything,"

What the hell was she so scared about? His fists clenched and he gritted his teeth. Nathalie kept her attention focused on the soil beneath her boots. She pursed her lips as if she was trying to hold something back. She had never held anything back from him before - not that he knew of, at least. They were always together, save for those three years of hell, and they always told each other everything. They always discussed everything as a couple. Right? She would tell him if she didn't want something. Right? No. Zeke was just trying to break them apart. That was it.

Zeke huffed, "Is that true Nat? That he would never force you to do anything?" he grinned, knowing full well that Levi had been suffocating her.

He knew her so well. He could tell she was feeling trapped, and hopeless. She didn't say a word. She didn't want to admit anything. She was supposed to be an obedient wife. One that would never stop showing her husband how much she loved him. And there she was now, kissing another man. Oh God- what the hell was Levi going to do to her? To Zeke? To them both? She only looked away from them both and tears started pouring from her eyes. She felt helpless. She could take down millions of enemies, but beneath Levi's grasp she felt helpless.

In an instant, Zeke was knocked against that tree again. Levi pressed his one sword on his throat as he cornered the man against the tree. The cold metal of the blade slightly grazed Zeke's skin, cutting slightly and making it bleed and he kept the blade buried into it, not allowing it to regenerate. Levi's brain was spinning, there was no way. Did she not want this? Did she not want any of this? Did she not want to resign? Then why the hell did she not tell him so. Then why the hell did she not sit down to discuss this. Why the hell did she kiss another man instead? There was no way for his Nathalie, his sweet, innocent, Nathalie - she would never.

"Next time you touch my wife with your filthy hands, I'm going to cut them off," Levi snarled. His eyes burned. It would have terrified Zeke if he didn't know better. "They'll grow back up, like the creepy bastard you are, but I'm going to cut them again, and again, and then I'll head for the eyes, the mouth, your teeth, your fingers," He turned and looked at Nathalie, and saw the fear in her eyes, the sympathy for Zeke. The enemy.