|105| The Burgess Devil

Before we get to the chapter, lemme present to you the AWESOME FANART I RECEIVED FROM THE TALENTED kosmochan808 WHAT A TALENTED PERSON OH MY GOD, I'M SO BLESSED

The Burgess Devil and Nathalie

AND

Nathalie and the Burgess Devil 

This art is pure gold, it's seriously an HONOUR to receive a fanart for my fic like some person literally took their time to sit down and fix this for me like OH MY GAWD 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

And the most awesome part is that THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I IMAGINED NAT AND THE BURGESS DEVIL OH MA GAWD😍😍😍😍😍😍

THANK YOU kosmochan808 YOU HAVE MY UNDYING LOVE AND AFFECTION 🥰🥰🥰🥰

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

War.

It was beautiful really. Nathalie watched eight hundred Eldians launching right into their deaths. It was such a familiar feeling. Watching the young men trembling in fear. Kissing the pendants where they stored the pictures of their wives, their children, their loved ones. And then they launched right in. So blissfully arrogant to their beliefs. Their loyalty lied to Marley. Her loyalty lied to Marley. She didn't know whether she should be proud or point and laugh at them. They were loyal and willing to fight for the country that despised their kind the most.

Idiots.

Another explosion went off nearby. Some idiot must have stepped on a land mine again. The gunfire was raining down from one part of land to the other. People dropped dead and created a mountain of corpses. Nathalie was behind the line that they had dug underground. The brats were there, being useless. Commander Magath was trying to figure out how to take the anti-titan bomb shells on the trains of the enemy. Nathalie noticed that brat, Colt, rushing out and she went after him. She grabbed him by the shoulder and he turned and looked at her with wide eyes in terror.

"Oi! Brat! Where the fuck are you going?!"

"My brother was nearby that explosion, ma'am! Please, I need to go and-"