|92| A Special Day 🔴

First scene is smut cuz it's Levi's birthday and yes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the day, and Nathalie woke up and started panicking. She had been too occupied dealing with her kids’ fever yesterday and she hadn’t even thought of what to buy him. That’s right. Today was the 25th of December. The official first day of the Winter Holidays, and most importantly, Levi’s birthday. Her beloved husband was born today thirty-one years ago. Nathalie sighed contently as she hurriedly put on her boots. She was trying to be quiet though. It was too early in the morning and Levi was still sleeping.

She almost hated to get off the bed. They had five days off of work -or at least- all Survey Corps employees were taking those five days off, spending them with their families. The HQ was empty. It was only Hange, Moblit, Erwin, Nathalie and Levi residing within the HQ. Even the staff were out of work and it was alright. Nathalie was happy to walk around the empty silent corridors that usually buzzed with people.

She knew that if Levi woke up and found her missing, he’d go ballistic. She smiled as she approached him. He was sleeping messily on his own side of the bed. He had a hand tucked beneath his pillow. Even though it was early in the morning, there wasn’t much light outside. The clouds had gathered up above, thick and grey. They had been undoubtedly releasing huge amounts of snowflakes on the earth beneath them. That would explain the cold.

Levi was wearing that white, comfortable, long-sleeved sweatshirt and the black sweatpants. His hair were a wonderful, dishevelled mess against his white pillow. His clothed shoulder was exposed from their thick blankets and bedsheets. She hated to wake him, but she had to. She had to go to the marketplace and search for a present for her beloved husband.

Levi felt the weight of a familiar body pressing down on the mattress beside him by the edge of the bed. Warm fingers met his cheek and his hand reached for her own, supporting it on his face. He turned and pressed a warm kiss on the palm of her hand, and then, he opened his eyes and met her own. Bright blue irises stared back at his. She had a smile on her face. Her hair were smashed beneath her green beanie. She was wearing that brown shawl around her shoulders. A dark blue, long-sleeved shirt with a small v that she had covered with her shawl, and a black, ankle-length skirt. His Nathalie was beautiful. But why was she dressed?

“Good morning, my love,” She said with a bright smile on her lips as she stroked his cheek tenderly.

“Nat,” His hand slipped from beneath his pillow and found her face. He cupped her cheek and he urged her to lean close and press her lips on top of his own. He sighed in her mouth. Her taste found his tongue. Exquisite. But he kept it brief. His calloused thumb ran across her cheek, caressing gently as he pulled back and met her eyes with his own. “Where are you going?” He asked and she giggled. He had probably forgotten that today was his birthday.

He wasn’t really fond of that day. It was the day he was brought into this wretched world and have been through hell ever since. Oh- but now… now he was in heaven, because she was there, and wherever she was, it felt like home. 

“Do you know what day it is today?” Nathalie grinned and he raised an eyebrow.

“The Winter Holiday?”

She chuckled and she shook her head. “It’s your birthday, my love,” She reminded him and he let out a sigh. She pressed another peck on his lips and her hands found his hair. She buried her fingers in the messy black stands and he sighed, closing his eyes briefly. “I know it’s not a day you’re particularly fond of, but I am. I’m grateful for today,” She pressed kisses on his chin, his cheekbone, his cheek. “Today the man I love was born,”