|135| Not Here, Not Now

TRIGGER WARNINGS: LEVI'S BEING A TOXIC HUSBAND

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Weeks Later

"I don't trust you! You're a traitor!"

Nathalie sighed. She loved kids. She genuinely did. But Gabi was being very damn difficult right now. "I am no traitor. I was forced to be a General of Marley's," She repeated for the hundredth time, but that girl's skull was as thick as Levi's so it seemed.

"We used to look up to you! You were our hero!" Gabi added as if she hadn't heard anything that Nathalie had just told her. She groaned. "LET GO OF MY HAIR!"

"You asked me to braid them, didn't you?" Nathalie raised an eyebrow.

"BUT YOU'RE HURTING ME!"

Nathalie arched an eyebrow. "You're a highly trained Eldian soldier from the Warrior Unit. A little bit of a pull to your hair is not going to do much harm, is it?" Nathalie finished braiding Gabi's brown hair and she cupped the girl's cheek looking down at her with a smile. "There you go! Isn't it better this way?"

"Hmph," Gabi frowned and shot Nathalie a glare.

Nathalie still kept her guard up, even though, Gabi and Falco were just two little children. Erwin was preparing an escort to take them back to Marley unharmed. For now, the three of them were in Gabi and Falco's prison cell, even though, it was comfortable enough with two beds, a bathroom and a desk to have their lunch on that was being delivered to them daily.

"Gabi, why are you being so mean to her? Lieutenant Nathalie seems really nice," Falco stuffed another cookie in his mouth from the bowl of cookies that Nathalie had brought them. He was sitting by the edge of his bed, and Gabi was sitting across him by the edge of her own bed.

"No! General Burgess was far superior! She did everything with an 100% success. People thought her to be scary, but really? She just drew so much respect by everyone," Gabi crossed her arms against her chest.

"No, I drew no respect. I drew fear," Nathalie sat beside Falco. Her hand found his hair, caressing gently and he giggled. "There's a difference between fear and respect,"

"So, what is Commander Erwin planning to do with us?" Falco asked.

"We'll return you back to your families in Marley, of course," Nathalie said and both pairs of eyes widened.

"Wait, you mean... just like that? No beating us up, no locking us in, nothing?" Gabi asked surprised.

Nathalie arched an eyebrow as she stared at Gabi's wide surprised eyes and she shrugged. "You're just kids, and we're not devils to beat you up and lock you in and treat you like Marley treated me," Nathalie sighed. "I hope you see the difference here. You're a smart girl, Gabi,"

"There's nothing to see," Gabi growled. "You devils are the reason all other Eldians are treated like animals!"

"Gabi," A familiar voice came from behind and everybody turned to see Reiner, Pieck, Porco, Jean, Connie and Sasha.

"Uncle... Reiner...?" Gabi's eyes widened.

"Pieck... Porco...?!" Falco's eyes widened too.

Nathalie smiled. There was no way she could convince those kids herself, but the Warriors that they had rescued could. She stood up and opened the door of the cell letting Reiner and Pieck and Porco in. The kids were excited to see them, but they were also confused. Erwin had managed to convince the warriors to join their side. He knew just what to promise them. He promised them their families' safety. He promised to heal Pieck's dad with the Resurrection Serum. He promised to keep Reiner's entire family safe, and the same he promised for Porco's family as well. Not to mention, that he also promised them that none of those three were going to die once they fulfil the thirteen years, because they were going to get vaccinated and saved after the war was done.