|71| The Day Before the Mission to Retake Wall Maria

She felt dry, warm lips pressing kisses on her forehead. Nathalie couldn’t believe she had managed to fall asleep again. After that long talk that they had last night, she ate the dinner that he had brought her, and he had helped her take a shower. He took good care of her. His touch, gentle. His hands almost trembled, afraid to hurt her, but she had reassured him that it was alright. He had tucked her in the towels to dry her off before he had brought another clean gown for her to get in.

She had protested that there was no way she could sleep again after sleeping the entire day, but she slept anyway. She couldn’t help it. He was so warm with his arms around her. His heartbeat, steady beneath her ear, and his calloused thumb rubbed soft circles around her shoulder. These were enough to make her drift off to sleep.

His lips found her forehead and pressed a kiss, and another, till his Nathalie was finally beginning to stir. His thumb found her cheek. “Time to wake up, Nat,” He whispered softly against her hair and she finally lifted her head off his chest. They had a meeting to attend with all the rest veteran squad leaders of the Scouts.

Her blue eyes met his own and her lips curled up into a sweet smile as she looked up at her handsome husband. Nathalie nodded and hummed in response. She leaned in and she found herself pressing kisses on his chest, his neck, all the way up to his chin, his cheekbone. That perfect jawline. Her husband. So handsome and perfect. His hair were a raven dishevelled mess against his pillows and he just closed his eyes and revelled in her touches and kisses.

“You’re going to make it very hard for us both to get off this bed if you keep this up,” Levi frowned. His hand snuck beneath her gown and traced the supple skin of her back. Perfect. Smooth and perfect.

“Who knows? Maybe that’s what I’m trying to do,” Nathalie giggled mischievously against his lips before she started planting pecks on his lips and he tried his best not to return them.

He knew just the thing. “You know, we’ve got ten minutes to get ready,”

At that, she stopped kissing and she looked up at him wide-eyed. “Ten minutes?!”

She was off the bed before he knew it. Always works. He smirked as he watched his wife opening the small closet that they had nearby for the few clothes that they owned. She pulled out a skirt and a shirt for her, and then she fumbled through his clothes. She’d pick him a new set of clothes whenever he needed one. She knew every single one of them. Whenever he needed to buy something new, he’d make sure to take her with him. Nathalie just always knew exactly what to search for and ask from the shop owners.

Levi was just so helpless without her.

He watched her as she pulled out a set of black trousers with a black jacket. A white buttoned shirt and an ascot that he was going to let her tie around his neck later. She placed his clothes on the bed and she grabbed her own and hurried into the bathroom. Levi’s smile grew when she was out of sight. They actually had twenty minutes to get ready, but knowing her, she was going to get ready in five minutes.

His Nathalie was always so fast when rushed.

•═❉═•⊱◄◊۞◊►⊰•═❉═•

“Where have you been?! Are you alright?! Did he hurt you?!?!”

Hange’s voice was the first thing she heard when she stepped foot in the Commander’s office. Hange and Moblit were already there. Erwin wasn’t there just yet, and they had been waiting for him and a couple more Section Commanders and the Captains of the veteran squads. They were supposed to all gather and review the plan, and talk about the information that Nathalie had come up with the previous nights.