|88| A Wedding Prone to Disaster II

“Tsk,”

Nathalie raised an eyebrow. He was supposed to be focusing on their dance, not on how Hange and Moblit played around with their food. But he couldn’t help it. They were both sitting on a desk that was right opposite of him. The other veterans and younger squads were sitting all around the other desks of the large Mess Hall of the Survey Corps HQ.

Levi and his wife weren’t the only ones dancing in the midst of the room. Eren and Mikasa were there too. Eren’s arm was tightly around Mikasa’s waist and the two were blushing like idiots in almost the entirety of the waltz. Marlowe and Hitch both seemed really good at this. Nathalie shouldn’t be surprised. Connie had filled her in with the fact that Hitch was from a noble family in the Interior and she was debating on whether she should join the Survey Corps as well. She just wanted to make sure that her boyfriend would make it out alive from all those Expeditions that the Commander was planning for them.

And then it was Connie and Sasha taking it in freestyle. They had no idea how to waltz and they didn’t seem to care. They kept on doing crazy moves and they had fun. Nathalie smiled as she looked at them, but then she noticed Levi staring again at Hange’s and Moblit’s way and she sighed. What the hell was going on with those two that was so damn interesting?

Nathalie urged Levi to turn his back at the two and Nathalie was now standing where he had been standing before. Her eyes widened. She couldn’t blame him. Hange stuffed a large slice of meat into Moblit’s mouth. The poor man almost choked. Nathalie cringed.

“What the hell are they doing?”

Levi looked back over his shoulder. “No idea,”

“H- Hey, uh- Captain?”

A familiar voice drew both their attention and they turned to see a very, very flustered Jean. Nathalie bit the inside of her cheek. Oh no.

Levi forced that aloof expression back on his face as the two stopped dancing and turned at their brat. “What is it?”

“Can I… uh… dance with… Nat… please?”

Nathalie’s eyes widened and she was perfectly aware of Levi’s hand tightening around her waist. Levi parted his lips to let out a firm no and probably assign cleaning duty for the next six months on the poor boy, but Jean spoke first.  

“Please! I have something to apologise about!”

Ooh. Jean didn’t have a death wish after all. He had probably remembered what he had admitted to her that night in his drunken state, and after an entire month, he was finally ready to talk about it.

“It’s alright. He really does have something to apologise about,” Nathalie said urging her husband to raise an eyebrow and throw a glare in Jean’s way.

“What did he do?” Levi asked. Voice low, and almost threatening. It made Jean shake in his place.

“I’ll tell you, afterwards,” Nathalie said as she slowly escaped Levi’s hold and she leaned in pecking his lips. Levi sighed slightly and he turned his attention back at his wife. “How about you go check up on our newly-weds?” She suggested and Levi turned and looked at where Hange and Moblit had been sitting, and the seats were empty.