|56| Queen Historia's Coronation II

The soft snores that escaped Jean’s and Connie’s noses could not be compared to Sasha’s loud snoring. Nathalie could only chuckle as she entered the room that the three of them shared. Eren, Mikasa, and Armin were sharing the other room on the opposite side. Jean’s hair were a mess against his pillow. His second pillow had dropped on the floor and the bedsheets were tied around his legs into an impossible knot.

Nathalie cupped his face, caressing his cheek softly with her thumb. “Jeanie, time to wake up, darling,”

Jean hummed and he finally opened his eyes and looked up at her. “G’mornin’, Nat,” he smiled, before he turned his back on her and rested his cheek by the other, cooler, much comfortable side of the pillow. He sighed contently before he closed his eyes and almost began snoring again.

Nathalie raised an eyebrow. “You need to wake up you know,”

“I know, I know… just, gimme… five more minutes,” Jean said before he started slipping into the sweet unconsciousness of sleep.

Nathalie only chuckled. She knew just the thing. “The cake will have disappeared by the time you wake up,”

Jean’s and Sasha’s eyes shot open. “CAKE?!” Sasha cried out but that didn’t seem to have bothered Connie’s sleep.

Nathalie headed towards Connie and she cupped his cheek. “Connie, darling, wake up,”

Connie’s nose twitched and he opened his eyes standing up in a sitting position. He watched as Nathalie set off to open the curtains and allow the morning sunlight in. He sniffed. “Something smells heavenly,” He pointed out.

“Wait, you mean there’s an actual cake waiting for us, right now, in the kitchen?!” Jean cried out. Eyes wide in surprise. The last time he had had a cake was… actually, he couldn’t remember when the last time was.

“Provided the Captain doesn’t let it in the oven for too long,” Nathalie laughed as she opened the window and allowed the fresh air in.

Sasha jumped off her bed and she ran out of her room as if she was possessed. “CAKE, MY LOVE, I’M COMING TO SAVE YOU!”

“NO!” Connie cried out and he went after her. “Sasha! Get your hands off the cake!”

“Oh my God, she’s going to DEVOUR it!” Jean tossed the sheets away from his body and jumped off his bed as well. The two boys rushed out of the room to stop Sasha.

Nathalie laughed before she went off to fix their beds and she dropped their discarded, thrown around clothes into a nearby basket for laundry. After she was done, she walked towards the other room, where Armin, Mikasa, and Eren were still sleeping. She brought that basket with her, pressing it on her waist with one hand. She rested it back down on the floor and she approached the children.

She leaned down and cupped Eren’s cheek. It seemed like he was making the same messy sleep as Jean. Those two might’ve hated each other’s guts, but they were pretty damn similar. “C’mon, sweetheart, time to wake up,”

Eren hummed and he leaned against her cheek. “Five more minutes, mom,”

Nathalie’s eyes widened. Her heart skipped a beat. Had he just called her mom? It was the first time someone was calling her that. It brought such a warm feeling on her chest. She wanted to dive in and pull him a tight hug and squeeze him to death. Nathalie tried her best not to start crying. She chuckled instead, and her hand reached for his hair caressing softly.

“I’d love to,” She said. She had a feeling he had heard her. She would come back to wake him in a minute. But for now, she set off to wake Armin, with another gentle stroke in his hair. Armin gave her a smile and he stood in a sitting position.