|51| Conflict

The morning light gently entered through his eyelids. Levi kept his eyes closed. They had been through hell the past few days. If they deserved something now, it’d be a good rest. He couldn’t feel her body clinging against his own. He could only assume she had escaped his grasp during their sleep, and her body must’ve been resting by her own side of the bed. Still, he wanted to bring her close. A hand blindly reached for the other side of the bed only to find out that it was blank.

Eyes shot open and this time he looked to make sure. She wasn’t there. Where is she?! Could she have been abducted?! No, if she had been, he would’ve known. He was beside her all night, there was no way her abductors could have slipped beneath his nose. Still, if she hadn’t been abducted, then where is she?! He never thought her mere absence would make him panic so much.

He stood on sitting position and he buried his face in his hands. It was true. He was already overwhelmed with trying to protect her and his squad. There was no way he could add to that. Not yet, at least. He tried to pull the sheets off his body and dress up. He didn’t have clean, proper clothes to put on -especially after that shower- but he could deal with whatever he had, and most importantly, he had to find her.

But he never got to do anything when the door opened and Nathalie walked in. “Good morning, sleepy head,”

Levi’s shoulders relaxed right away upon seeing she was unharmed. Maybe he was just being paranoid. She looked good actually. No. Good wasn’t even close to describe how she looked like. She looked gorgeous. She was in a light grey skirt that reached her ankles. A white buttoned shirt on top and a cloth wrapped around her hair just like every time they’d set off to clean a room, or when she’d set off to cook something. She would gather her hair back, but there was always a messy strand of hair that would remain on her forehead.

Bright blue eyes met his own, and only when she talked, he realised he had been staring. “Levi?” She let the tray -that she had been carrying- on the bedside table and she approached him to cup his face. “Are you oka- AH!”

She let out a yelp of surprise when his hands slipped around her and urged her to stumble down and crush on his lap. His lips met her own before she had the chance to say anything and she giggled in his mouth. Her hands slipped around his neck and she finally granted him access in her mouth. Tongues gently danced in a delicious swirl that had her moaning. Fingers clutched around her skirt on her hips as he brought her a little closer and kissed her a little harder.

Her own hands slipped on his bare chest, brushing gently across his scars and the pale skin. There was no way he could hold back when she looked like this. She had brought him breakfast, hadn’t she? He had barely paid any attention to the contents of whatever she had put on that tray. There was no way he could focus on anything else but her.

He pulled back, just to let her breathe. Her soft thumb brushed across his cheek and he found himself sighing and pressing his forehead against her own. Her taste lingered on his lips and he had no idea how to deal with how needy she made him. Levi buried his face in her neck and he started kissing. He spotted the swollen soft skin. The marks that he had given her last night. He pressed kisses on them as if apologising for bruising her.

Nathalie only giggled once more and it made his heart flutter. Her soft fingers found his hair, caressing soothingly. Fingers slipped down on his nape and he hummed against her neck. She grinned. Sensitive there, aren’t we?

“Levi…” She spoke against his ear. “…I brought you breakfast,”

He hummed, before pressing another kiss down on her soft skin. “I am aware of that,” His hands only tightened around her as he bit down on her skin. Nathalie moaned. He licked gently down on the bitemark and Nathalie squirmed.