|15| The 57th Expedition Beyond the Walls II

Armin could only look down although he knew his comrades were nowhere near him. They had been tossed away, just like the Captain, and he was the only one on his knees nearby the Female Titan that showed intelligence unlike no other. He was unable to move. His whole body shook. His sweat ran cold down his forehead. He hadn't even noticed his horse had been stepped on. The only thing he could focus on was the titan as she knelt beside him and pulled back his hood.

How in the world would she know how to do that? Was it indeed a person controlling this? Was she really someone he knew?

Her blue eyes stared down at him. He could not react. He just looked back up at her in terror. Why in the world had she not eaten him yet?! Did she recognise him? Did she need him for something?

Nevertheless, she stood back up and she let go off his hood. She had pulled it back to see his face. Why would she do that?! "Armin!" Jean cried out as he hooked himself on the back of the Female Titan. Her hand reached for him, trying to toss him away like an insect. Jean hooked himself on her thigh, then back again close to her nape, but she covered her nape with her hand. Jean's eyes widened. She was protecting her weak spot?! Then Armin was right. She was intelligent, and somebody was controlling her from the inside.

Mikasa stood back up on her feet whilst Connie and Sasha were keeping an eye on horses. She hooked herself on its chest, heading for the eyes. The Female Titan's attention fell on dodging her away, and at the same time, Reiner went straight for the nape, right before the Female Titan grabbed him tightly in her fist, crushing him like a fly.

"Reiner!" Connie cried out, but the Female Titan's fingers were cut off by the blades of their Captain.

Nathalie grabbed Reiner's hand pulling him out of the fist of the titan. She hooked herself on its back, stopping their impact to the ground slightly. "Captain!" Mikasa cried out and once they both landed on the grass, Reiner headed straight to pick up Armin.

"She doesn't seem to have the appetite for humans, so I'm guessing she's not going to follow us!" Reiner cried out.

"On you horses, soldiers! We gotta get the hell out of here!" Nathalie cried out and everybody did as they were asked.

Nathalie looked back as they all mounted their horses and started riding away and made sure everybody was there. But somebody was missing. She turned at Mikasa. "Where's Ymir, Krista and Berthold?!"

"Right here, Captain," Ymir's voice came from behind as the three of them approached them on their horses. "An abnormal was on its way, we split up and took care of it,"

Nathalie turned and looked at the carcass of the titan that was left behind and she nodded at the girl. "Impressive, soldiers. I'm glad you're alive. The right Wing of spotters has been wiped out," She informed them.

"But that's where she came from!" Armin pointed out as they watched the Female Titan running away.

"A large number of titans ambushed the right wing. It must have been her doing," Nathalie said.

"Then that means..." Armin tried to say but Connie cut him.

"She can't be possibly controlling the titans, can she?!"

"If that's the deal, then we're screwed!" Sasha added.

"How the hell are we supposed to fight that thing?!" Jean gritted his teeth.

"It's not our job to fight this thing, our job is to go somewhere safe," Nathalie said.

"But what if it's heading for Eren?!" Mikasa asked worriedly.

"Then the Levi Squad is more than capable of handling her. They've agreed to put their lives on the line to protect him, but the rest of you, for now, need to stay put somewhere safe. Do I make myself clear, soldiers?!" Nathalie cried out and they nodded.