|27| Saved

Jumping from titan to titan, and slicing their napes multiple times to cut a piece was fucking up her wound, doing nothing but stretch it wide open and lose more and more of her blood. Nathalie was going to die, but she was at least going to die as the only soldier who had attempted to fight a battalion of titans with nothing but two incredibly sharp daggers. She couldn’t even tell how in the world she was still standing. She couldn’t even tell how she hadn’t yet given up.

She at least knew why she hadn’t given up. She couldn’t die there. Not like this. She had a lot more to do. She had a life to live. She had to watch her squad grow. She had to watch the Survey Corps as they’d receive newer recruits and grow bigger by the year. She had to see whatever it was that existed beyond the walls. She had to find the truth, and quench her thirst for answers. But most importantly, she had to be there for him.

Levi. She couldn’t die. Not when she knew that he needed her. She couldn’t allow herself to leave this world just yet. She had things to tell him. She had to tell him she loved him. She had to let him know that she wasn’t going to die, unless they’d die together. They had been together for so, so many years and nothing had parted them. Not their losses, nor Levi’s efforts to try and push her away. Nothing had parted them. She wasn’t about to allow some titans take her away from him. Levi was on his way there. He had to be.

•═❉═•⊱◄◊۞◊►⊰•═❉═•

“She may be a bitch, but she has guts, I give her that,” Ymir admitted as all of them gathered by the edge of the tower and looked down at Nathalie.

Connie gasped. He couldn’t believe she was actually fighting titans without ODM. “That’s insane,” His eyes widened as they all stared down. “Is there nothing we can do to help her?!” Connie turned and looked at the others who weren’t suggesting anything.

“C’mon! Nathalie’s going to die! We can’t just leave her-” Krista tried to say but Reiner cut her.

“What choice do we have?” Reiner asked. “We have no ODM, and no one here’s skilled and crazy enough to take on titans with nothing but a knife!”

Krista gritted her teeth. “If only I could find a weapon, I’d go down fighting. Captain Nathalie’s treated us unlike no other Captain or squad leader we’ve ever had. We can’t just stand here and do nothing, we have to-”

“Krista, please. Enough with that kind of crap, okay?” Ymir cut her. “Those people who died and now the Captain, they didn’t sacrifice themselves so that you could go out in a blaze of glory,”

“Ymir! T- That’s not what I-”

“Connie…” Ymir ignored her and approached the boy. “…where’s that knife you found?”

“Huh?! You’re not actually thinking to-” Connie tried to say but Ymir cut him,

“Just give it here,” She insisted and Connie gave it to her. “You’re very sweet, thanks,” Ymir patted his head sarcastically and he shook her hand away.

“What do you even need it for?!” Connie asked.

“Hm… not much, I’m just… going to give them a little hell,”

•═❉═•⊱◄◊۞◊►⊰•═❉═•

Nathalie was moving like an insect on top of the bodies of the mindless creatures. She couldn’t slice their necks deep so she had to do it many times and fast enough to not be caught. It wasn’t easy with that wound. And just when she started considering to stop fighting and let a titan grab her and end her misery, something else grabbed her.