|102| What Might've Been

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Mention of Human Experimentation/Torture, RAPE NON/CON BUT ISTG I TRIED TO MAKE AS LESS GRAPHIC AS POSSIBLE, suicidal thoughts, depression, brainwashing, beating up‼

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Who do you belong to?”

“Marley,”

“Who do you serve?”

“Marley,”

“Glory to Marley,”

“Glory to Marley,”

The rod landed powerfully on her face. It broke a tooth or two. Her head fell on the side. She winced in pain. Blood started gathering in her mouth. Her cheek, swollen and bruised.

“Say it and you better mean it this time!” The man shouted in front of her as he slammed his hands on the table. He had red eyes. Dark red, and everything about him was just black. His hair, his clothes, his nails sharp as if they were the nails of an animal. They could cut through anything.

“Glory to Marley!” Nathalie cried out. Her voice cracked. Tears spilled down her cheeks. There was no way she could convince them she was faithful and loyal to Marley. She wasn’t. She just wanted to get out of this place. She just wanted to get out from this hell.

But she was crying and weeping now, and that was a sign of weakness and it was exactly what they did not want. The metal rod landed on her face again and again. She was tied. There was no escape from this. Her head buzzed when they untied her and her vision was blurry. They dragged her weak, beaten body to another room. Her cold hands shook as they cuffed her down. The cuffs were cold and silver. Metallic and thick. Tubes stabbed right into the flesh of her wrists and a bright red liquid started rushing into her body. It wasn’t blood, because it burned. Oh God- it burned.

Nathalie pursed her lips and tried not to scream. She wasn’t going to give her uncle the satisfaction of hearing her scream. Even though he had heard her before those past few months. Don’t scream, don’t shout, don’t show they’re hurting you. Don’t scream, don’t shout, don’t show it. She repeated this in her mind. Over and over. She was sure he was enjoying it. Her sick uncle, and his sick scientists that held numerous human test subject in that very facility. They enjoyed this all, didn’t they? It almost felt like he was unleashing fire beneath her skin and it burned so painfully.

“What is it, my dear?” Her uncle’s voice came and she snapped her eyes open and glared at the man who was standing over his monitors and he turned and looked at her with a smirk. “Does it hurt?”

“I’m going to kill you,” Nathalie spat. She still had blood flowing in her mouth but she could tell the pain on her face and the bruises around her body had started subsiding. A result from what he was transmitting into her body.

“You want to kill your only uncle? I will plant some loyalty into you. Can’t you see how incredible this is? Can’t you see that Marley… Marley is giving us the opportunity to explore things that no one will ever give us the chance to. Have you got any idea what I’ve discovered whilst conducting experiments on poor little things like you?”

“We are doctors…” Nathalie shut her eyes and gritted her teeth. Her chest heaved up and down rapidly as she tried to hold back all sounds of pain. “…we vouched… to save lives… not to hurt and torture and take them!”

“And I am saving lives,” Malcolm approached her and he caught her chin between his two fingers and he leaned close. “I will make it impossible for you to die, my dear,”

“No!” Nathalie grunted. “No…” don’t scream, don’t shout, don’t show they’re hurting you. Don’t scream, don’t shout, don’t show they’re hurting you. She repeated it to herself. She had been repeating it every day, every hour, every minute, for months. She couldn’t show weakness. They’d hurt her even more if she showed weakness. A drop of sweat rolled down her forehead as she let her head roll back and she shut her eyes again. “Human Experimentation… what you do in here… it’s so damn unethical,”