|53| Dilemma

The next day dawned faster than she expected. She felt rough fingers gently brushing over her exposed shoulder. She was in her white, baggy, sleeveless nightgown. Levi was in comfortable black sweatpants. He needed no shirt to sleep in. Her cheek pressed flat on top of his bare chest, and an arm was thrown across his belly, keeping her body pressed against his own.

Nathalie felt the warmth of his lips as he pressed a kiss on her temple, and his one hand slipped around her waist, sneaking slightly beneath the soft fabric of her gown. Rough fingers brushed gently across her soft skin. She looked so peaceful there, in his arms. Eyes closed. Her face, totally at peace. Her hair, a beautiful, pale-brown mess. Pink lips pressed together. Soft, and puffy. Perfect. He was going to marry her today. He wanted no huge ceremonies and luxurious buildings. No grand celebrations and no countless guests. He wanted none of these. Just him and her and their brats. He couldn’t even begin to imagine how they were going to react when Hange and Moblit were going to show up unannounced.

Levi had told Hange yesterday before he left the Survey Corps HQ. The way Hange screamed in his ear from the excitement, he’d never forget it. Of course, he knew he had to ask Nathalie first, but he never doubted that she’d agree. Still, he couldn’t help staring down at her. The blue, early morning light entered through the window. A soft breeze danced with the curtain, and it almost felt like he was living into a dream. Levi couldn’t imagine how miserable and depressing his life would be if he had lost her. The night he helplessly watched as Kenny and his soldiers took her away, was the worst night he could remember living through in that wretched life of his.

They had been through hell, but she was always there to make that hell sometimes even sweeter than paradise. And it felt just like it right now. I love you. I love you so much. Her words from last night will always echo in his mind whenever he’d need to keep himself sane. He had her and their brats to look after. These were his reasons to remain sane in such an insane world.

He was snatched out of his thoughts when she pressed a kiss down on his bare chest. She pressed kisses in his neck, all the way up to his sharp chin, till she found his lips. She was finally awake. She left a peck on his lips and she smiled down at him.

“Good morning,” Nathalie said sweetly. A hand slipped away from his chest and cupped his cheek. He smiled up at her as well. His smiles. They suited him so well. He would only smile in front of her like this.

“Good morning, Nat,” His hand found her face. A rough thumb caught her cheek and urged her to lean down and finally join their lips into a proper kiss. His tongue slipped right in. He gave her own a gentle swirl that had her humming. Eyes closed. He had never kissed her as soft as this time. Just a tender press of his lips against her own.

The couple about to get married spent the night before their marriage together. It was probably so damn undignified. Nathalie hadn’t even realised she was getting married today to the man who now had her beneath him. His limbs were planted all around her, pressing down with his weight on the mattress. His mouth had let go of her own, and he was now pressing kisses and nips down the smooth skin of her neck.

Her fingers found his hair. She bit her lip when he added another bitemark to her skin. His tongue snaked out, slipping gently around the bite and that’s when the realisation actually hit her. Her eyes widened.

“Levi?”

He only hummed in response. His mouth, too busy with kissing her white, soft skin. Hands reached down, pushing her gown up and reaching for her body beneath.

“We’re… we’re getting married… today,”

He hummed again. He only continued kissing and suckling on her skin. It drove her insane at how good he was at this, but…