|107| We Found You

Special Thanks to KikiStarfire for helping me write this chapter!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idiots. But Nathalie couldn’t really give a fuck about them. She couldn’t really care to do anything but curse them all silently inside her head. It was all those stupid Generals, and Commanders, and Captains of the Marleyan Military, that gathered in this gala that was supposed to celebrate the end of the four-year war, even though half of them knew that the war wasn’t over yet. Half of them -if not all- they knew that a new alliance was forming from sixteen small nations.

Yet they were still there, to celebrate for the eyes of the world.

This was an utter waste of her time. All she could do was drink that ridiculously expensive champagne that was served and maybe find a treat for tonight to help her warm up her bed.

“You need a refill, ma’am?” One of the waiters said and she looked up at the taller man- no, he was a boy. Nineteen? Twenty? She couldn’t tell. He was tall though, with burnt-brown hair slicked back and brown eyes. A small line of facial hair graced his cheekbones and that perfect jawline. Oh, hello there. She licked her lips. That one was a treat. But damn, he looked too young for her. Hasn’t bothered me before. She grinned to herself. 

Still, her hand reached for his black bow tie that was settled in the western style. She trapped the smooth black fabric between her black nails and she chuckled amusingly as she tugged him closer and the boy tensed up right away. A bright blush spread across his cheeks and she wouldn’t blame him. She recognised the look that all the men gave her the moment she entered the room.

Of course, she was wearing black. It matched her personality, her soul, her everything. A black dress with a halter neckline that was wrapped around her neck. A large cut revealed her leg beneath with every step that she took. She didn’t want to fuck Zeke tonight. Zeke was for the weekly routine. But tonight was supposed to be a special night.

“I’ll take the bottle,” Nathalie handed him the empty glass and snatched the bottle from his hands that was almost full.

“A- As you wish,” The waiter said before he hurried away from her almost terrified. Good. 

Nathalie turned the bottle attaching it to her lips and drawing a large sip which she gulped down with a sigh. She had tried so many times to get drunk. She had tried so many times to slip into the drunken haze that everybody was so fond of. But she couldn’t get drunk. It was whatever the hell that her uncle had done to her and she couldn’t. She was made to be able to fight whenever, whoever, and be cautious at all times to drop herself to battle. She wasn’t made to live. She was made to fight.

She couldn’t complain though. Fighting was a hobby that she had grown greatly fond off. The way people screamed and squirmed beneath her merciless grasp. It brought that sickening pleasure that she couldn’t extract from anything else. Burgess Devil. That’s what everybody was calling her now. It wasn’t just those enemy soldiers from the long-gone alliance that she had slaughtered with her own hands. It was her squad, her fellow Generals, Commanders, even those warrior units and titan-shifters.

Nathalie laughed to herself as she sat down on a bench by the counter of the bar. The bartender looked cute too, she couldn’t deny it. But he tensed up when she approached and whoever else was sitting by the benches just got off of them and fended away hastily. Everybody was so scared of her. She loved it.

Nathalie took another large sip from the bottle and the only man who would ever dare approach her sat beside her on the other bench. She groaned and tried ignoring him completely. She failed like all other times.