27|Ryder

The day has come to an end. "Great." It's still raining outside.

I hope I don't get wet again I had to change into a black bra because it pissed down rain before and now it's gonna rain again. I have the envelope in my bag that has my test results ready for my dad to have a go at me if it's below a certain number.

Where's my umbrella? Great gonna be drenched everywhere. I huff.

I start walking It's instantly cold once the rain drops start hitting all over me. It's freezing I just wanna get home.

Dad would be at work so I won't be able to give him the letter yet.

I missed the bus but my little siblings got on it and apparently, they didn't care enough to tell the bus driver to wait so now I have to walk home.

A guy walked in on me in the locker room while I was changing, I was so embarrassed.

I'm still so embarrassed about it. He... He saw me nearly naked.

I reach outside the school gates and continue walking down the path. Cars driving past students leaving in their flash cars.

"Hey what are you doing out in the rain?" Some car pulls up next to me driving slowly as I walk.

"It's okay I usually walk home," I lie. "Get in I'll drop you off," he says.

"No you don't have to," I say.

"Just get in the car it's pissing down!" he shouts over the rain as it gets heavier. "No I'm fine it's just water!" I shout back.

Can barely hear him with the heavy rain hitting his car.

"I'll drop you off at your house just get in!"

"No, it's warm." I lied. I'm cold. "Bullshit it's freezing and mid-winter," he says. I'm cold and drenched from the rain I'm only in my school blouse and skirt.

Fuck! My blouse would be see-through shit he could probably see my bra!

"No just leave me alone I'm fine my house isn't that far," I say. He pulls the car to a complete stop and then gets out.

"It is freezing you'll get sick." he picks me up throwing me over his shoulder. "Put me down!"

"No I'm dropping you off at your house," he says. He opens the door placing me on the passenger seat gently.

"Stubborn ass," I huff. What does this guy want with me seriously just buzz off my dad will kill you.

Probably looking to have me fall in love with him and then break my heart.

He'll laugh about it to his mates. Not gonna happen. I can spell it out if he wants to hear it. I don't trust anyone and I believe so deeply that no one cares about me.

"What's your name?" he asks getting into the driver's seat.

"It's Bella." My head turned away from him watching which raindrop would win a race to the bottom of the window.

"Yours?" I sigh.

"Wouldn't you like to know huh?" Stip with the cockyness it's unattractive.

"It's Ryder."

Oh, I know who he is. Captain of the football team. What teenager gets given... A GT mustang? It's dark grey with a black leather interior as well.

"Not much of a talker are you?" he asks. "Never exactly had a full conversation with someone before that doesn't lead to shit so yeah." I softly say.

"Well let me be your first," he says. "Tell me something about yourself?"

He has his elbow against the window sill his hand in his hair while the one hand guides the car. "There's nothing." I chuckle.

"No c'mon," he says. "No there's seriously nothing," I say.

"Well all I gotta say is we shouldn't even be in the same vehicle," I say. "And why's that?" he asks.

"Because your like the 'king' and I'm some peasant ya know all sports players are upper levels," I say. "Hah king why do people even call me that?" he asks.

"Dunno." I glance at him. No a full-on stare. Shit, I'm checking him out. I look away. "You got a phone?" he asks.

"No," I lie. He gives me a glance with a raised eyebrow. "Ohh so you're the girl without a phone?" he asks.

"That stupid YouTube movie video shit." he chuckles. "Ha yeah," I say.

"I'll buy you one," he says. "No!" I exclaim. "You got like a laptop or something?" he asks. "Yes," I say.

We pull up at the front of my house and I gasp.

"How do you know where I live?" I ask. "I live right next door," he says. "Pick you up tomorrow?" he asks. "Pfft no, one-time thing," I say.

I open the door and get out.

No, I trust way too easily once he shows he's trustworthy I'll let him drive me to school. But for now, I'll gladly walk in the rain again.

"Why not?" He follows behind me.

"Because okay I don't wanna be seen getting driven to school by the 'popular' guy it'll make my life worse," I say.

I'm already not invisible to the bullies and once they see me in a car with him GOD! Would even bully me.

"Ouch," he says grabbing his chest offended. "Shit." I sigh as I reach the front door.

"What?"

"My key isn't in my bag. My dad will kill me."

"I can pick it for you?" he asks. "Go ahead," I say. I move back. "You got a Bobby pin?" he asks with his hand out.

I twist my bag around my waist unzipping it I start digging in my bag.

"No, but I got a needle and some thread," I say. "You sew?" he asks.

"Yeah that's one of my classes at school," I say. I hand him the needle. "Thanks, I'll have this door unlocked in no time," he says, jamming the needle into the lock.