68|Knife

I don't know how much time has gone by, but I saw Henry making a birthday cake earlier today. I'm not sure whose birthday cake it is because my birthday isn't until a month and a half from now.

I mean that's how far it was when he stole me from school.

I haven't been in the basement for a whole day, I keep thinking. Maybe he's gonna let me go and let me be free.

He hasn't forced me to do anything and thankfully he hasn't tried to rape me.

Or maybe i'm not likable to him either, maybe I really am just horrendous.

I'm in my old bedroom, everything is here, I'm surprised my dad hasn't driven out here to check if Henry would have me.

He's probably not even looking anyway.

Henry doesn't hit me or anything I expected besides touching me like he would my mother, I don't mean sexually I mean just the small touches.

It grosses me out.

"Dinners ready." The door opens with him at it. "I feel sick," I say. "It's because you haven't eaten," he says.

He walks toward me and presses his hand against my forehead.

"You don't feel hot, c'mon I made your favorite," he says. Even though he hasn't done anything I absolutely hate it here.

I sit up. "When do I get to go home?" I ask.

"You are home, your food is gonna get cold you best be downstairs in five minutes," he says and leaves.

I hear a tap at the window and on instinct, I rush over toward it.

I open the window, but I don't see anyone, I lean over to look more outside and I'm quickly snatched back.

"Where do you think you are going?" Herny asks.

"I heard a noise so I went to look," I say. He looks over out the window, I run out of the room and down the hall to the kitchen.

I walk straight to the knife block.

I'm gonna get in so much shit for this.

When he shows up I put the sharp blade on my neck. He walks up to me and I dig the tip of the knife at my neck which causes a small puncture.

"Put the knife down Bella."

I shake my head. "Don't come any closer, I will do it," I say.

"Bella stop it, put the knife down, and go eat," He says. "No, I wanna go home," I say. There is no home, you think they want you there? Your dad doesn't give a shit about you."

"No one does, only I do, do you think they are out here looking for you? No, they aren't because if they were they would have found you easily because I've let you do what you want, you are out in the open they would have found you if they cared."

"I haven't kept you hidden, I don't keep you locked inside, you were outside just yesterday reading a book."

"I hate you," I say.

I dig the knife deeper and as expected, I can't feel the pain it's probably bringing me.

"You are a liar." My voice croaks. "I didn't do anything to deserve this life, lets's hope in another life i'm happy," I say.

"Sweetie put the knife down, I'm just trying to help you," he says.

"No, you aren't, you are like the rest of them, you just wanna make my life hell for absolutely no reason, I want a break I want happiness but no one seems to want that for me."

"I want that for you-" No you don't! You just wanna get between my legs because you are a filthy old man, you are disgusting and you'll never be able to touch me ever again."

I'm fighting back tears and my throat hurts from holding back sobs.

I feel blood dripping down my neck.

"Put the knife down, I can't help it that I have feelings toward you, I wish my mind was different but I also wish you were at an age where you weren't considered a child."

"Keep your filthy mind a secret to yourself, you are gross, I wouldn't let you do anything to me," I say.

"No one wants a pig like you around, you are an alcoholic and a pedophile, you try and manipulate people but you are forgetting I was ten when I stop believing your lies when everyone else fell for them," I day.

"Keep speaking to me like this and you won't be alive much longer," he scowls

"I hope you fucking do, I hate this life I would much rather die, I've already attempted so thank you, if you are gonna help me out just kill me right now."

His knuckles crack and he walks toward me but before he can do anything I make my own move with the knife.